www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

When we sign up for this website, we are asked our top 5 courses. That's cool. But what I want us to discuss is the course you haven't played that you've got to play. Or a course you've played that you tell people they have to play.
I'm going with the first option and I'm staying close to home. In northern Kentucky, there is Idlewild. Don't confuse it with the movie. This course is supposed to be of championship quality and I really want to test myself.
So what's your must play course for you or someone else?

Tags: challenge, course, mustplay

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How can i discuss a course that i have no knowledge of? Seems backwards. I want Winthrop Gold baby.
Sandy Point in Lac du Flambeau, WI. Any course attached to a resort in the middle of the Northwoods is just my cup o' tea.
I'd love to get to Paw Paw, WV for
The Woodshed & The Whipping Post

I'm in Central KY and have played Idlewild and it is worth the trip (Mt Airy & Banklick aren't bad stops either).

Also just found out that Otter Creek Park in Louisville is being Shutdown by the city (everything in the park), so the Oldest course in KY and I believe the 5th oldest in the world is hanging up it's chains on December 14th. Never got there to play but now wish I had.
humchris said:
Courses I want to play

Whistlers Bend - OR
Trek Stop - Belize
Idlewild - KY
Bijou - CA
Flip City - MI
Renaissance - NC
Glacier - WA

Courses I would have loved to play

Up A Tree (R.I.P. X-man) - Humboldt, CA
Gran Canyon - FL

Forgot to include Mackenzie State Park on the Big Island of Hawaii
I know I haven't played enough courses to really say but Tower Ridge, Highbridge Sports Complex, and Justin Trails are a few in the Wisconsin area. I would like to play some of the NT courses. (have played kapoisa, hyland hills in the MN majestic) Really want to check out some mountain courses, flip city, The Oaks, Sandy Point the list goes on and on.
J.W.I. said:
Sandy Point in Lac du Flambeau, WI. Any course attached to a resort in the middle of the Northwoods is just my cup o' tea.
I have been invited to play there..................... hopefully someday !!!!
I down for any course where I won't feel too humiliated and humbled after I'm done with a round, not that I don't want a good challenge
dobbins66 said:
I'd love to get to Paw Paw, WV for
The Woodshed & The Whipping Post

I'm in Central KY and have played Idlewild and it is worth the trip (Mt Airy & Banklick aren't bad stops either).

Also just found out that Otter Creek Park in Louisville is being Shutdown by the city (everything in the park), so the Oldest course in KY and I believe the 5th oldest in the world is hanging up it's chains on December 14th. Never got there to play but now wish I had.

I'd agree with Mt. Airy, except for the fact that upkeep has really taken a turn for the worse. I played there early this summer and the course was just trashed. Tees were destroyed, trash was overflowing, just sad. Never made it back yet to see if it got cleaned up. Played my first tourney there when it was just a temporary 18 hole course. I love the course it's challenging with some long holes, just hope it gets cleaned up.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968