www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

i live in arizona and there is a huge wash behing my house so i built a course back there its pretty hard i must admit with no baskets but targets that are hard to get to the whole course is covered in bushes and trees with lots of elevation change..... but its in the desert and its rattlesnake season any ideas how i could play safely?

Views: 15

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Or you could carry a Judge revolver chambered in .410 birdshot...
Ah yes!!! The Judge is good....also takes 45 long Colt....sweet home defense weapon too. Being a wheel gun nothing really to go wrong with the action...makes it very reliable. Plus Taurus has one of the best warranties out there.

Quite a few of the revolver pistol calibers are manufactured in a "rat/vermin shot" instead of jacketed lead, etc. So if you had say...a 38 Special you can get a vermin rounds for it.
....you can also get vermin rounds in 22 long rifle.....I just wouldn't recommend trying them in an auto...they don't feed well. Better for a revolver. Also, unlike the judge in 45 LC/410 or any larger caliber...they make a little pop...not a big bang. Plus 22 is available in a sub sonic round...which again not good for the Auto Loaders (they don't extract well) ...is just a little louder than a pellet rifle.
Hopefully the noize will "rattle" the other snakes.
What ya don't want to do....is 'rattle' the Sheriff's Dept.
Bag ya some Snake guardz if you're worried.

It is pretty hard to get bit by a rattler. I am a field geologist and have had dozens of close calls but never been spiked (knock on wood). The guardz are also awesome at keeping thorns/foxtails/cactus/cholla etc outta yer shoes and pants. And try not to kill the rattlers ...you're too big to eat and they usually aren't aggressive...they just don't wanna be bothered.

www.snakeguardz.com
Get the orange ones, that way the Sheriffs will have an easier time locating the body.
Is there a disc called the rattler. Maybe you should throw that.
get it right...you would need to throw a mongoose...or a disc callled the mongoose

15 foot Eastern Diamondback rattlesnake.

Largest ever caught on record.

At least it wasn’t found in a Wal-Mart garden shop.
Run into something like this...and you'll need a entire snake suit!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968