www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I had to buy a new FLX challenger because I use them for my 200ft straight shots, and I threw my last on in the 40 degree pond. I just got my new one in today and it feels like plastic, and I mean plastic, not the normal grippy ribber feeling. I figured it just needs to be broken in so I put my name and number on it and set it down for an hour. When I came back to it, unlike normal FLX/ESP discs that soak in the permanent maker right away, it just rubbed off COMPLETELY with my finger. What is up? is it bad plastic that was used for this, or is it just brand spanken new and needs a few rounds before it settles?

Tags: challenger, flx, plastic

Views: 1

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's wierd. I know that sometimes they use a silicone based mold release to keep parts from sticking in the mold cavities. I have had traces of that on discs before and if you don't clean it off, the permanent marker will wear off quickly or rub off like you were able to do. Also, it will make the disc feel kind of greasy or slick. Try cleaning the disc with somthing like Windex or soap and water to see if that makes it feel different.
Huh, wow. I've never heard of such a thing. Is it a temperature issue (ie colder 'cause it's winter time and you're in Michigan)? Maybe other "notherners" have experienced something like that?
I just tossed it around and still feels very plastic-y. I will try cleaning it with windex a little later, and I'll leave it on my floor over night (overly hot water pipes from being on a bottom floor apartment might help). At least to me it seems cold weather makes the FLX plastic more grippy. I have felt discs that seems more slick then others, but not like this.
hot soap and water probably better than windex but i agree about the FLX does feel more grippy in the cold.
ok. I just washed it with hot water, soap, and a rough sponge. Then wiped it down a lot with a towel. The Disc feels like it should, and my sharpie is not rubbing off now. I guess there must have been some coating from the machine. Thank you
awesome dude glad it worked for ya!

Shoot it up!
No problem Shawn, that is one thing great about this site.
no doubt Mike with all the people on here you can get an answer to your DG problem pretty quick on here

DGRUS rocks!
love your work guys!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968