www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I got a Snap Band on April 15 and I thought I would start a thread to chronicle my progress with it.

First the basics so far and then some details. Tim recommended a workout with 3 reps of 20 "pulls" to start out. I didn't want to hurt my old arm so I did a couple of workouts with half that many pulls before my first round. I was able to get 10 to 20 feet more out of my drives on the first round. After this, I bumped up to Tim's recommendations and did this about 2 or 3 times before my next round. Again, most drives were 10 - 20 ft farther. I played again today, and regressed a bit, but this could be attributed to wind. I did go almost 30ft farther than before using the Snap Band on one hole.

For me, I think most of the benefits I have gained from the Snap Band so far are from the way it trains you to draw the disc across your chest on the proper line.

Details: I started playing in 1979 but just started playing again regularly 2 summers ago and really got the bug last summer. A new course, Dillon Park, Noblesville, IN opened with 18 baskets last summer and its 5 minutes from my house. I'm 51 years old and my max distance before the Snap Band was only about 230 ft. I throw right-hand backhand mostly, but when I started throwing the new, overstable plastic I couldn't get around the profound left turn, so I temporarily switched to forehand until I studied up on the technique videos on the web. I throw a lot of different discs but probably use an Orc and a Destroyer the most. I have certain holes where I always use a Crush and I have a Groove, Archangel,Valkyrie, and a TL.

It will be interesting to me to see if the Snap Band can teach this old dog some new tricks. So far, things look promising.

Tags: Band, Snap

Views: 351

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Where can you buy this? I searched google and only found it here:

http://www.sunkingdiscs.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdI...

and it's out of stock. :(
I was thinking about getting another one for the office. I will ask around.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968