www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Im going to play my first tournament soon any advice?

It is not pdga sanctioned as many in our area are not.

ive been plaing since 2003 but work has always been in the way of tournaments.

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How much warm are you allowed to do? Are you allowed to play the first few holes of the course, or is that not allowed, and does that only apply to major events?

You have to watch out for people working on the course but if you get their early enough you can play an entire round if you want.  Check the schedule so you don't miss the check in time or the players meeting.  I am usually there about 30 min to an hour before the check in time so I can stretch, putt, throw a few drives/upshots  and check out the changes to the course.
You are allowed to play any holes you want to, or warm up as long as you want to, until they callout  2 minutes (2 minutes before you actually start the tournament). There are no rules violations until they call out that 2 minute warning. So do whatever is most comfortable for you. Some will play 9 holes before the players meeting, some will throw or stretch with a buddy and some young guys just walk up to the first tee with no warmup and are ready to go. Whatever works for you without wearing your body down for the rest of the day!
That goes with understanding the rules. Before our recent Ice Bowl, we played 9 holes to literally warm up. It was 2 degrees before the windchill at the start, so we didn't want to just walk up to the tee and start.
well its a 2 day 3 course event. 2 coruses are permenent and 1is only set up for this tourney and one has some holes added to it. sounds odd but this tourney has been going for 25 years strong. i will bring my portable basket to warm up on. Ive been doing the mark ellis putting course for a while now and am practiceing on some of the areas longest and hardest courses to build endurence and will take it easy the day before the event.
Enjoy yourself and the Disc Golf surroundings. Be Happy you are able to play and are Healthy.
I can confirm the 1st tourny play bad scenario. The first tourny I was in I played an average of 5 strokes worse per round then my normal game. Don't go into with great expectations to win, just have fun and learn from the experience and you'll probably do just fine. It's just another round of disc golf. Good luck.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968