www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Just got my new discs... just wanted to share and get some thoughts on these molds

173g Gold Halo

173g Opto Core

172g Opto Fuse

172g Grip Pure

I have a Opto Striker from them and love the plastic... So I decided to pick up some more discs and try them out. I've thrown a friends Halo before and that thing was really fast!

If anyone throws these please share your thoughts...

Thanks,

RiX

Views: 21

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a halo and love it for a tight controled hyzer shot. Its extremely fast and makes an awesome spike hyzer disc. I havent had much of a chance to really let it loose and bomb the shit out of it yet because we dont have a ton of huge open courses up here. So right now it sits in my bag for those holes that are 20 to 30 feet and then take that dog leg left. Or if i have to drop it on an island.
How about deutschmarks or pesos?

Thanks Rescue.. I might have to pick up a Vision for S and G's! I use an Avenger SS for my long turn over shots... how does the Vision compare? (if you know that is)

WOW! The River does look like an upity disc... I might have to check one out though.

The Core does seem to have more glide than the Buzzz...
I had a Z AvengerSS that I tried out in the field. It just wouldn't turn over enough for me. With the Vision, it was a turnover disc rite out of the box. I can also hyzer flip it and it just glides for days. The thing is. It's probably little to no diff.... than a Sidewinder, AvengerSS, Rouge..etc...So for me it came down to the plastic and that's were Lat64 is kicking everybodies a$$, but to each his own...
I have an Opto line Core, translucent purple..........what a beauty. I never thought it would, but it has replaced my Buzzz. The grip is primo and it DOES glide FOREVER. Its not as spin sensitive on those short anny shots like the Buzzz is.

I love it..........however it is the only Lat 64 disc I have ever thrown but the Vision sounds like a winner too!
I picked up an Opto Riot. I got it for it's flat top and the fact that it's one of the most beautiful discs I've ever seen. It's crystal clear and looks like pure silicone. So gorgeous I didn't want to throw it, so I threw it on ALL 19 holes at Morley. There's hardly a scratch on it after that and at 171 grams it flies a lot like my 175 eleven time Firebird, but farther and just a touch less stable. I look forward to grabbing more of this sweeeeet plastic.
we don't really make much to buy anymore. Don't know if you noticed that. I mean even our domestic beers(anny bush) are imports now...besides. There are disc golf disc. Don't really think that has much impact on our market...We stopped caring about saving jobs the minute we stopped making things. Which was a while ago. Not to sound crappy or anything but I mean most of the things you own aren't american either. They can't be...we don't make much.

PS...their plastic is freaking awesome.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968