www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

She asked me last night to customize her a disc. She has only been out a few times and only played a couple holes (2 or 3) each time we have gone. So what I am asking is what is a good disc for her. I only have a limited selection of discs on hand.

Champion Shark- 180 grams
Champion Beast- 175grams
Champion Valk- 175 grams
2008 ace race disc- 167 grams

She doesn't really have a strong arm. So I know lighter is better but I also don't know anything about Innova discs.

Thanks so much in advance.

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

acerace
shark. its a great beginner disc and then i would say the valk.
Get her a D Stratus...165-170g. They are actually pretty fast and have excellent glide to stretch out a beginner's throw. For drivers, get her 150 class stuff. I'd suggest a star or champ sidewinder in 150 grams...or a valk in the same weight. The stratus would probably be better though till she gets the hang of things.
Of those discs I would have her throw the Ace Race disc. The others I think will be essentially worthless to a beginner with not a very strong arm. The Shark could be somewhat viable (although far from ideal being so heavy). As for the others (beast and valk) she may as well try to throw bricks at the basket.
I also have a Esp Stratus 164-166 grams that is Black but she is persistent on it being customized for her.
Go with a mini (jk). Cass next time you see kelly ask her to let loose of some of her "ladys" stash.. Shes got a bag full of light weight and pink.
Cassidy Mayne said:
I also have a Esp Stratus 164-166 grams that is Black but she is persistent on it being customized for her.

By "cusomized" do you mean she wants you to buy her a disc? Just tell her that that Stratus is exactly, down to the weight even, the disc that someone on the forum told her that she should throw. Tell her that it was destined that she should throw it. :-) Has she even tried it?
ya but the shark isnt as stable as the acerace disc. cause that acerace disc is pretty stable for a beginner

Mark Stephens said:
It is 180 grams!

huk life 24/7 said:
Agreed, a 180g shark is NOT a good beginner disc.

Mark Stephens said:
It is 180 grams!

huk life 24/7 said:
..bite the bullet Cass and buy hew some wax (IE: cheap) discs in light weights...Valk would be good...

My gf was throwing a lightweight Eagle and Valk (150 class) and loved them when she first started...now she has moved away from those discs and throws heavier weights (165-170...Valk, Eagle and a Monarch I won)...she said she likes the heavier weight 'cause she can control them better than the 150 class discs...
I'll give her the Stratus. Thanks guys
I would suggest an Inferno ULTRALIGHT, they're around 136g on average. Great for people with slower arms for the reason that was stated; I even use mine for open field shots where the wind is howling at your back... just a flick with some hyzer and the wind does the rest.

Ryan
===============================
http://www.hazardiscs.com/infernoul.html
===============================

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968