www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

She asked me last night to customize her a disc. She has only been out a few times and only played a couple holes (2 or 3) each time we have gone. So what I am asking is what is a good disc for her. I only have a limited selection of discs on hand.

Champion Shark- 180 grams
Champion Beast- 175grams
Champion Valk- 175 grams
2008 ace race disc- 167 grams

She doesn't really have a strong arm. So I know lighter is better but I also don't know anything about Innova discs.

Thanks so much in advance.

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

stepson has one ill let her try it
shark
Take your wife to a field and have her throw all the choices and see which one(s) she likes best. Bring along another disc golfer to give her a basic lesson.

Giving your wife a lesson, in anything, is a risky proposition.
My Wife loves her 152 champ Valk, 161 xd, and 165 dx cobra for a glidey mid, she also tosses a 150 class xl . seems pretty happy with all of them. What about a Leopard? A black disc and a new player sounds like alot of searching after a bad throw.
I think I'll let her brother give her the lessons. lol. Let her get mad at him. Plus he is better than I am.

mark ellis said:
Take your wife to a field and have her throw all the choices and see which one(s) she likes best. Bring along another disc golfer to give her a basic lesson.

Giving your wife a lesson, in anything, is a risky proposition.

As for the black disc I don't think I'll have to worry about finding it for a while since I think we will see it land.
buy her a 150 g shark, I loved mine when i first started playing
ace race disc for her, its light and has more glide than the others and will be more fun for her.
Champ valk somewhere in the 150's
The lighter you can keep the weight, the further it will go for her.
The ace race, if it is from those 4 choices.
I always give them a 150 stingray.
Wendy loves her 150 Polaris LS. Pink of course.

cass, I would agree with the ace race disc. My wife plays and this is the first disc she could keep flat. In fact she played her first tourney with that one disc only. If you can go and get a 150 leopard or shark get dx plastic so it wont set you back but 10 and it breaks in faster. My wife loves her dx orc and can even flip it on occasion.(after a solid year with the ace race disc.)
GO WITH THE VALK
They are all good beginner disc Cass, that ace race disc has just been approved by PDGA and is now called the NEBULA. It is a bit more stable than the Impact but all around a great disc. The VALK is a great driver for her and the Shark is a great MID.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968