www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

The below is a brief clip from a blog post I just found. The Mystery Ranch - Golf Mahal - Disc Golf Pack is going to be awesome.

"So, I know a lot of you have been waiting a while to get your hands on the bag, but I have finalized the design and bags will be going into production by the beginning of January. I thought we would be able to expedite this process and get the bags out sooner, but we are just so busy right now that this is not feasible. We have the highest quality standards for backpacks on the market today both in our construction and inspection of our bags, and are privileged enough to employ Montanans to do so. Here is an update on the newly added features, color availability, and general look of the bag you will hopefully soon own. Hope you dig it. " pack designer, Levi Buckingham

Follow the link below for details.

http://www.mysteryrants.com/2009/11/first-production-run-of-the-gol...

Tags: backpack, bag

Views: 890

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I put my name on the list today, It sounds like there will be a limited amount of these bags available. Act fast to get one for yourself. Mystery Ranch, formerly Dana Designs, makes some of the most innovative and durable packs in the outdoor industry. everything is Made in the USA. This will be a bomb proof back, worth every penny!
Damn that bag looks sweet, how many discs does it hold and how much are they?
Wow the bag comes in at $285.

While this looks great. I wonder about all extra weight that this will add.
ya i know. its a bad ass bad but i would never pay 300 for a bag. plus 40 discs is a lil excessive. i think a bag that could hold 25 loosely would be perfect
I would be worried about the balance of that bag. Seems like if you used either side pocket, you'd need to use both or be out of balance. I think the harness they use is their own, not sure its removable either. Its a cool bag and huge but I think Gorilla Boy Simian at about $100 less has a better product.

I like the idea of backpacks, but this looks and is laid out more like a traditional bag. doesn't seem like it would ride different or other than its size add anything extra feature wise.
great looking!! Way to many discs though. This would eb a cool bag for a caddy to carry but it is overkill in my opinion.
you're an Ape,... what's overkill about it, lol?
Y'all should note that the side pockets collapse and cinch flat to the bag for a golfer that doesn't carry as many discs. If you read the full blog post about them on the Mystery Ranch website, you can cinch these pockets to carry partial loads of discs on the sides too.

I really wish I hadn't seen this bag though because it looks awesome and I don't have the money for it. :-( I really can't justify 285 on a bag when I spent 160 on a Revolution bag just two seasons ago and it is still working great. Maybe it's just the sting of buying the best bag on the market at the time only to be eclipsed by the brilliance of another unatainable bag...darn those Joneses.
The side pockets for discs are nicely designed...you can have the bag carry 16 (maybe 18 stuffed) discs with both side pockets collapsed and then there you can 'customize' the size of the side pockets to carry up to 40 discs (but looks more like 34 discs easily...possibly 36 stuffed).

Kudos to Levi for an all around slick designed bag...albeit, a bit pricey...
Yeah, a little excessive. 285 is entirely too much
The equipment this company makes looks top notch! I think there is a market for these.

Besides, have you seen where these guys in Montana play disc golf?

It ain't no stroll in the park.
diamond x in billings? danky!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968