www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

The below is a brief clip from a blog post I just found. The Mystery Ranch - Golf Mahal - Disc Golf Pack is going to be awesome.

"So, I know a lot of you have been waiting a while to get your hands on the bag, but I have finalized the design and bags will be going into production by the beginning of January. I thought we would be able to expedite this process and get the bags out sooner, but we are just so busy right now that this is not feasible. We have the highest quality standards for backpacks on the market today both in our construction and inspection of our bags, and are privileged enough to employ Montanans to do so. Here is an update on the newly added features, color availability, and general look of the bag you will hopefully soon own. Hope you dig it. " pack designer, Levi Buckingham

Follow the link below for details.

http://www.mysteryrants.com/2009/11/first-production-run-of-the-gol...

Tags: backpack, bag

Views: 872

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That looks like the hole I played in my nightmare last night...
Have you gotten your Simian yet? How is it? Oh, and do you want to buy a Carolina bag and "vintage" quad shocks for 285 dollars??
Yes I bought the Wine color and it shipped like next day to my door. The Bag is awesome, I like it way better than the dual pack I had previously owned. Better design, more functionality and a built in chair. Just great all the way around, Definitely worth the extra money in comparison to the dual pack. You don't need $285 but the Simian and save $85.
There is definitely a limited amount of bags available in the first run - probably around 20. However, we have already sold over half in the last couple weeks since pre-ordering started, and should be sold out before the bag even hits the production floor in January!
Although you could push Feldberg status and carry 40+ discs if you really wanted to, the ideal setup for this bag is exactly what you are saying you want. The main compartment holds anywhere from 15-18 discs depending on drivers/mids/putters, while the side compartments will hold anywhere from 6-10, and then 2 in the putter pocket. However, the side compartments are also set up to hold a bladder/hydration system. With that said, I set my bag up with 15 in the main compartment (which still leaves a little space around the discs), 2 putters, and anywhere from 4-8 in one side compartment with a bladder in the other side compartment. This equals roughly 25 discs, and I assure you that there is still plenty of room.
Worry not good sir, the bag is very simple to keep balanced. Between water, rags, extra/rain layers, snacks, and discs it is very easy to make sure that the bag rides evenly balanced. Even if you don't use a bladder, the weight of a drink or any of the above mentioned items in one side pocket will counter the weight of discs etc. in the opposing side pocket. And if you don't carry very much stuff at all, note that the side pockets are completely collapsible, still leaving 2 bottle pockets and 2 more smaller pockets for keys, cell phone, snacks, etc.
First of all, the harnessing system is a patented Mystery Ranch creation and represents 30+ years of backpack design and development from the illustrious Dana Gleason (formerly of Dana Designs). It is a telescoping yoke system that allows the back panel of the bag to be adjusted to the exact size and length of any torso. And yes, it is removable to allow for different size yokes(aka the piece of harnessing that the shoulder pads come out of), so that a person is not only fit for the length of their torso, but also for the width of their shoulders and general shape. Mystery Ranch is leading the backpack industry, above all in harnessing, and the comfort of this bag is its' greatest asset. I designed it as a hybrid of backpack/traditional pack because the top loading works much better than a front panel loader which can be frustrating to get discs in and out of. As far as the cost goes, this bag (like everything that we make) is guaranteed for LIFE!!!! This is a rarity in the backpack industry and something that has yet to even exist in the disc golf world. I've seen friends blow out every type of quad style straps on the market and have seen many disc bags crumble after only a few years of use, especially the bottoms. We use a specially designed pleat in the inner layer of the bottom to prevent wear and keep the load off the outer bottom, and our quality standards are unmatched. For a little bit more you are investing, not buying.

As far as the balance goes (and size), it is very simple to achieve. If you look at the picture with the umbrella the side pockets are completely compressed, making the bag, with water bottles, only the width of my body. The side pockets pose no greater threat to balance than a drink on only one side of a normal bag would. It is very easy to balance out the loads and the side compartments work perfectly well partially compressed as well.
Attachments:
Levi, Thanks for chiming in. The picture attached above with the side pockets compressed is great. It helps you visualize just how versatile this bag is. You can carry the kitchen sink in comfort or just the essentials in style. Great design and this will be a great addition to my other Dana Designs and Mystery Ranch packs. I've been through two Innova bags in the last 3 years. It's time to make an investment in a quality bag, that is made in America.
I tried the pack on fully loaded, super comfortable and for the serious golfer it is well worth every penny. Hope I can get one. Especially for hiking around our beloved Diamond X.
if my Revo bag ever breaks this will be what I get for sure!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968