www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am a beginner. Been playing for a couple months now. I am still working on putting together a quality practice schedule. I am just not sure I am getting the most out of the times I play.

I have some time on my hands so I can devote an hour a day during the week and however long it takes on the weekends. What would be the best way to break that time down between putting, driving, mid-range, hyzers, an-hyzers, etc.?  

Thanks

Views: 15

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Two 15 minutes of putting practice with 2-3 discs.You wont burn yourself out putting,you can always return in the afternoon for another 30 minutes pf putting.

Throw,putt with opposite hand.Sometime in your life of playing you'll need a shot with your opposite hand.Again,don't burn yourself out with an hour of practice.15-20 minutes of paying attention..take a break..start again.

An hour out on the course,you'll find what you need to bone up on.Allow others to play thru,practice your putting.my 2 cents;>} have fun,Merry Christmas.

On day's I don't have enough time to throw a full round I like to play 2-9 holes usually on a shorter open course. Throw a 2-5 drives taking different routes. hyzer, straight, anny, side arms, etc.  try to mix it up especially with the shots that need most help.  throw a couple of putts from each location that best offers help where help is needed.  Then move on to next hole.

This works for me.  I find that when I putt for long periods of time I get bored and doesn't help as much.  I beleive that the putt begins as soon as the drive or approach lands within putting distance.  I think moving from hole to hole is more like a round of golf because I only get 1 (unfortunetly sometimes more) putts on each hole.  Sometimes I just play 2 holes back and forth for a while.

try whatever advice you think will work,  continue with whatever you feel will do the best for your game.

I'd suggest using the winter season to practice putting.
Practice spin, straddle, and push putting. Each have their advantages.

For my warm up I use two comets and usually a putter or two.
First ill switch back and forth throwing sweeping hyzers and semi compact annys.I use this to make sure everything is in line. Then I throw straight with focus on height and nose angle. Then ill throw 90 degree stand still approaches(90 degrees is my body position). Then I putt.
agreed!  All good advice. also wind is a HUGE factor with putting.  The worse the weather the better the practice.
If you practice putting it is the best way to lower your scores.  A great drive = par if you cant putt.  and if you have to lay everything up to put it in the basket your scores will stay high.  Mark Ellis has a great putting practice video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq_bh_GtjtQ helped my putting tremendously.  i altered it to 10 minuet sessions when I smoked a cig 12-15 times a day when not working and 5-7 times when I worked.  Just keep at it everyday

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968