www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm from Bradford, Pa and the closest place to play is 1:25 away.  This is a crazy idea but I'm in the process of purchasing vacant land, buying the baskets, Pouring the pads, paying for the signs and doing all the work (with some friendly help). I'm hoping at the very least the land turns out to be worth a lot more than I paid...   I have been planning on putting a course in the area for 2 years and have enough money now to do it.  Anyone know how much land I'll NEED in order to have a championship level course?  I have 27 acres and it is all or mainly dry. I kinda figured it is enough.  Also, is there a place that sells 18 baskets at a discounted rate?  I'd like to install top of the line everything from signs and pads to baskets...  I have a the wood to frame my pads, the wood posts for the signs, the poles and locks for the baskets, a tractor, and a sweet hookup on the signs at cost...  Questions  are: What is a good price on 18 baskets?  How do I become a dealer of discs, like Innova? Do I need to insure the course against someone pressing charges if they were to get hurt?  Is there any way around that if I do?  Any Tax breaks to be had? More questions coming thanks!

Views: 21

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wooded versus lightly wooded terrain makes a big difference on the property needed for good hole separation. I also was able to use the shoreline on the Steady Ed for several holes which provides more effective acreage without using land. The PDGA Course Acreage guide really provides good advice on the amount of land needed depending on the type of course: http://www.pdga.com/documents/course-design-acreage-guide
check with Donnie Brooks,a member on this site and founding memeber of Mini Disc Golf Federation.He mentioned being able to install a mdg on an acre,that leaves you 26 to install larger dg course.
Without knowing anything about the foliage density in this part of McKean County PA we don't know what type of course we're potentially talking about. Great document Chuck...very useful....with average foliage density...27 falls right on the cusp of Championship (Gold) level course.
This is one of the newest jewel's in the FL course scene....true Championship potential....an absolute model of championship course potential. 60 acres at Pine Oaks
With no holes under 300 ft, the design is suspect right off the bat with having appropriate balance versus simply brutality. Looks like I'll have to give Barnett a hard time.
Yeah...suspect...that's a good one!!! More coffee on the computer..thanks Chuck. lol
While the overall footprint is there... I don't think the designers are done tweaking the individual holes. I would have done some things a little different if given the opportunity. But none the less in my humble and limited experience...Pine Oaks is the Bomb diggity of Championship potential.
They'll find out soon enough regarding scoring spread if they track the scores from the NT event in March.
Thanks everyone. The land is about 2500' long by 650' wide and it has a lot of foilage, it has been logged, there are tons of young beautiful maple, oak, and hardwood trees with only a little patch of pines, it has 250-300ft of elevation change from front to back, along the longest part of the property it has a creek right along the edge, and through the middle it has an old railroad grade. I have looked at a lot of land and this land is ideal due to its location near olean, NY. It is 15-20 min from my house. I will have a population of about 50,000 in a 30 min radius including St Bonaventure and Pittsburgh at Bradford... I mainly play Black Diamond course at Emery, NY and Morraine st park in Prospect, PA :I think they a great examples of a long hard course. That acreage guide is really great, thanks. I have met Gary from Pittsburgh, My best friend is Jeremiah Libby and they know each other well. I recieve his work session e-mails but Deer lakes is about 3 hours so I haven't gone. I wish I would have. I have til spring to walk the land 20 times and imagine the possible pin locations... Do you think that Pouring tee pads is better than rubber tee pads? How often does the rubber need replaced?
Anyone know a pro from around the area of Olean NY?
Concrete without a doubt.
I would ask J. Gary to recommend some pro up your way if he can't help you.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968