www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am a new player, have been playing for 2 weeks now, I am throwing more consistently, however, I am having a problem where the majority of my throws are nose up and am throwing too high. I heard this is a pretty common problem with new players and was curious if anyone had any advice/tips on how I can fix this. Thanks a bunch!

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lean over your disc on the follow through or try using a bonapane grip.
By lean over it i mean to put more weight on your front foot.
Gotta look up what a bonapane grip is, but I will definately try shifting my way forward more. Thanks for the help!
There are two different versions:

more info here: http://www.discgolfreview.com/resources/articles/gripittoripit.shtml

When using powergrip though, in addition to leaning more over your front foot as nick mentioned, focus on tilting your wrist down so the disc is in-line with your forearm, or even slighty tilted down.
Just got done reading through that article, I think some of my problem might be in the disc positioning in my palm...cant wait to get out to the course after work and try this stuff out. Thanks guys for all the help.
old school frisbee grip and rip
Go to discgolfreview.com. They have a bunch of instructional articles. They cover this topic. In short, put your hand out like you are going to shake some ones hand. Now, point your hand down by bending it at the wrist. Now grip the disc in a standard power grip. As you see the nose angle is pointed down. Try and keep this position when you throw. It's not to comfortable at first, but it works.
slow down your arm movements so that you are more aware of your wrist positioning.
Follow through. If you hold back at all the nose goes up. Just try and keep the disc flatter as you throw.
$20 says your weight is on your left leg after release. get that freakin left leg off the ground and in front of the right leg before the disc hits the ground.
Something that was huge for me. As you begin your run up, get your driver up around chest high. Just stick it up there, and then go. It makes All the great advice already given here much easier.
Thanks for all the great advice. I will definately have a lot to think about next time I hit the course!

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968