www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am a new player, have been playing for 2 weeks now, I am throwing more consistently, however, I am having a problem where the majority of my throws are nose up and am throwing too high. I heard this is a pretty common problem with new players and was curious if anyone had any advice/tips on how I can fix this. Thanks a bunch!

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Put an aluminum can or plastic bottle 50 or 60 feet in front of the pad, in line with your target. Try with your hardest throw to knock the can over. The disc will most likely fly two or three feet over the can and be the straightest throw so far.

Good Luck.

Tee off and fly freely. Ed.
damn good tip, i think i'm gonna try this too for forehand throws, which suddenly are flying high for me now.
This was an awesome tip!! I tried it out today and couldnt believe how much farther I was throwing. Thanks a lot.
Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach.
SRSLY though, it warms my heart to hear a fellow disc golfer benefiting from my advice.
Tekk,
Check out the link below and peruse their site, lots of great info to help you out and change the learning curve.

http://www.discgolfreview.com/resources/technique.shtml
Dear new player, I am have the same problem. I am currently learning to throw left handed. I am using a light weight Star Katana and i have the same problem. On a good throw i can get maybe 300' but I don't have many of those. I have really been trying to slow my follow through down this is controlling my throw...I feel like a newbee all over again. All in all, this approach is working but it is a slow and steady process. I hope this helps. Good luck!!!
Try this :

Put your arm out straight and see if your wrist is higher than you shoulder. If it's level , you should be able to throw flat.

Once your wrist is higher than your shoulder on the release , the disc will go upwards. Down it goes lower.

Hope this helps.
Gotta go with Nick here...usually new players tend to lean back on their back foot which throws your hips off and you end up stalling the discs because it is nose up. If you follow through over your front foot you will automatically straighten out the throw.
I had this same problem when I first started playing. I just read all that I could find and went to an open field to practice.
Cant thank you guys enough for all the advice. I have been out several times since I have posted and I am definately seeing improvement.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968