www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hi ladies and gentlemen, I am a new dad of a four-month old boy. Can't wait till he can run around and toss a disc. However right now he cannot. I need to get a stroller so he can come with me and not get shaken like crazy. I'm guessing the three wheeled/jogger is the way to go. Any recommendations on an "off-road" stroller that doesn't cost much but is pretty reliable? Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Tags: Stroller

Views: 496

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't have kids that age to stroll around the course, but I play with a few guys that do. As for stroller recommendations, I would think the 3-wheel kind that joggers use would be good. The wheels are big enough to handle any rugged terrain and will roll over most anything. Those small, floppy wheeled strollers suck.
On a side note, I've noticed quite often and have even suggested to some of these new dads that besides the stroller, it's important to be aware of the child's other needs like; sunscreen, water, something to cover their face when strolling towards the sun, etc. I always feel sorry for those kids that get sunburned, or the dad stops the stroller to throw and the kids is looking directly in the sunlight, crying because he can't escape.
I bought a jeep liberty stroller from babiesrus that I've had for two years and it's great on all terrain. Three big tires and the front one swivels to turn. iPod hookup and toys mounted to the front to entertain your child. Also. The seat back reclines way back if your child happens to fall asleep. And a big fat sunblocking visor/hood. I think I paid $169 almost two years ago. Hope this was helpful.

Not cheap but if you can swing it, I recommend a Bob Gear stroller. It even has two shocks on it. On pavement (level ground) I can literally push it with my pinky with child in it. It should last long enough so once the child outgrows it you can turn it into a luxurious disc golf cart. We have the Reveloution model where the front tire pivots (can be locked straight). Great in the stores. Their other models have the fixed front wheel.

Check Craigslist for a stroller. I am always looking for another since we now have two children and I want one for a permament disc cart :)
Jogging strollers with the large Pneumatic tires....definitely the way to go....check Craigslist.....or if you have a Play it Again Sports, sometimes they will have one used too.
Make sure the stroller has as large wheels as possible (20 inch). The larger the wheel, the smoother the ride and the easier to push off road.
Four months old and can't throw a disc yet? You're slacking. :D
jogging stroller with air tires
Check local garage sales, and like everyone else suggested craigslist.

This is a jeep liberty baby stroller I snagged off of craigslist for 50 bucks. I built a frame along the bottom of it using old computer cases and some leftover molding. I also added a metal basket on the handles to keep my putters in and a hammer holster on the side where my chair fits. When playing doubles it's amazing and if it's just me I can put a cooler on the bottom and all sorts of extra gear. It's worth it.

The thing on the front is a mounting bracket left over from a satellite dish. The "horn" as I call it, get's added when the forecast is looking rough. It holds a golf umbrella over you and all your gear.
He wants a stroller so he can take along the baby AND his discs. Looks like there isn't enough room in this set up for the baby, toys, blankets, diaper bag, etc, etc, etc.
Not once has a beer come out of that thing shaken up...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968