www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Gday all

Need a bit of help i was wondering if anyones has some cool games i would be able to organise during lunch at my local tournament? At the moment we have Ring of Fire and this works well as it is fun and everyone gets involved.

So i was wondering if you know any others and if you could post them here and please explain how it works?

Cheers

Views: 13

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Try removing the bottom pole from a portable basket. Hang the basket in a tree. 3 shots for a dollar. 50% to the winner, 50% to some charity or as a fundraiser for your next event. If more than one guy goes in, pick a desired spot and CTP to an installed basket.
Back in MI we were raising some cash buy giving away a portable basket to a ctp winner. Pick a spot 150-200 feet with a little challenge and charge $2 a shot or six shots for $10. We start a lunch then pick back up after the second round. Just before the awards the six closest shots play off for the basket.
Mark Stephens said:
*Mini driving contest. Must be a standard mini not an Innova Driver Mini.

*If you have seen Mark Ellis at AM Nats, run a version of his Lizard Games. Basically, it is a bunch of made-up on the spot CTPs that have some twist in them like upside down putter 15' high in the air mado.

*Guts Get a few games going with the winners getting something. The discs are pretty low cost so you could provide those.

Yes, Guts is cool! a little online searching will get you the rules, and Discovering the World sells the discs.
A CTP like Chas said also is great, and you might be able to find a business to sponsor by buying the basket, and sending some of the $ to a charity helps everyone feel good!
A skillshot course is another possibility. Check out the EDGE program and see how that program does skillshot. Maybe simplify it to fit in a shorter timeframe. This is pretty much like Mark's lizard games.
A putting contest which spirals around further and further out with two or three shots at each distance works well also.
I think it is a good idea to have activities to keep everyone occupied after the second round also while scores are being tallied - people get really antsy then.
Have fun!!
cool thanks for the ideas guys helps out heaps
Netbag is fun, and a good way to keep loose.
Set up a DDC (Double Disc Court) or 2.
Play short games to 6 or 11.
DDC Video
DDC Discs are cheap.
Give them away as prizes.
steve timm
Botchi/ Corn HOLE
I would also run any games after the second round while you are adding scores and doing the payouts. Of course you will need a volunteer or two to either run the games or help you with the scoring - don't try to do it all yourself.

Things to keep players busy while waiting for the awards:
CTP contest
Ring of Fire
Final 9
SkillShot Challenge
Putting contest
Distance contest
MONSTER CTP always a big hit.

Pick a CTP spot.

$1 a throw, 6 for $5

5 closest from Sat. lunch, 5 Closest from Sun. lunch (if a two day tournament.)

Throw off with finalists.

Prizes for all finalists
Chain Lenks pays back half the money to players other half to a charity or for next years tournament.
ask mark ellis, i know he has a million mini games that are disc related.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968