www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I've been playing since late 2007. Usually shoot around 4-5 over. I feel like I have a pretty good arsenal of shots to get around the course. I'm accurate with the mid-ranges and my short game is getting better every season. None of my friends play this great sport, not from a lack of effort on my part, and I haven't met anyone in the area to play with on a consistant basis. So every thing that I've learned has been from YouTube and practice. I want to get into tournament golf this year but I feel like I should be playing even par before I jump in to tournaments.

The one area of my game that hasn't gotten any better is my tee game. I just don't have any distance and I struggle with the accuracy (usually a early release = early tree) I probably throw anywhere from 250 to 275 ft. Can't pick up the extra 25 feet regardless of what I try. Does anyone have any drills or advice that helped them in this area they can suggest?? I love this game and its killing me that I can't figure this part out.

HELP>

Bob
Atlanta

Views: 32

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Those videos are great and can't wait to hit the course tomorrow... I had a question about the pdga. Playing in the open pro divison should I join as a pro or am?
I got better really fast when i started playing leagues.
I live in Cumming, GA 30 mins north of Atlanta, give me a call and I can help you. I play at Central Park mostly and Alex. Come on up!

678-697-6532

Bobby Corn
awesome bobby. I commend you on helping this guy. good people still in the world!
Thanks for that snap video, Its gonna mess up my drive for a little while but once i can get that technique right... we had an ultimate player join us a couple of weeks back, was his first round ever and he was outdriving me.. had an incredible snap.
Bobby, I will definately give you a call! Really appreciate the time. I've played Central Park a couple of times. Talk to you soon.

Bob
Sounds good, call me whenever, I may go out there today.
I have a friend who wants me to help with his distance off the tee tomorrow morning. Text me your number and I will call or text you tomorrow or later tonight if and when we go out. I bombed a Nuke 390 today on a flat hole so I am sure I can help you out somehow. Go to www.discraft.com and disc golf, then go to their vidoes and watch "more distance now" I think it is. Great video by a pro teaching average dg'ers things to do/not do to make more driving distance.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968