www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have been playing Disc Golf for one year, as of March 10th. I am Pretty stoked with where I am at in my game and how much I have improved. I am Always learning something new and trying to use it to make my game Better. So, I Recently started working on throwing Forehand. The past few days have been really good as far as my throws go. I have been working on Forehand upshots under 250 ft and I am Dang Surprised how Accurate I can be with the Forehand. The past few days, I have gotten to the point where I can almost stack my 3 Buzzz's on top of each other throwing out to around 150ft. Going past 200ft, the grouping opens up a bit, but it is still more accurate than I have become throwing Backhand for just over a full year.

So, even as accurate as the Forehand seems to be for me, it is leaving my hand with a Butt Load of Flutter. I know I am not getting the wrist "Snap" that I need. Any Remedies for creating a smoother, snappier Forehand? 

Oh, one thing I also wonder about. I have The SMALLEST MAN HANDS in the World. My finger look like little stubs. I Cannot comfortably do a 2 Finger Forehand Grip. I only use my Index Finger inside the rim. Is that causing me problems that anyone can think of? 

Thanks in advance to anyone that responds. It is Most Appreciated. :)

Views: 384

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I also use a one finger grip. The snap might be a little harder to achieve, but its more accurate for me . I will use two fingers with a putter since there is no edge to tuck between my thumb and index, keeping the disc more secure in my hand.

One thing that you can consider as your forehand improves,  What do you really need this shot for?  If you have a strong backhand, combining an accurate forehand will shave off a few strokes from your score on any coures you play. Of course you can get out of trouble with it, but a forehand should be used to make a disc finnish to the right, or opposite of your backhand .  Having a shot that will finnish to the right will allow  you to pick up strokes with little effort on some of the most challenging shots on any course you play. So just like a backhand, a forehand shot can have many different shapes.  In my opinion, it is one of the best shots for lower scores, is the true forehand hyzer. One that finnishes, and can skip way right.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968