www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I purchase a Revolution bag last year and want to give a review on the product. Also warning people about the lack in quality the product holds and customer service.

Purchasing an Atomic Orange bag from Revolution for $135 and after one season there has been significant color changes in the material. The Atomic Orange has now turned to PINK. I also live in Michigan where as the Disc Golf season, I play is from April-September (6 months); I never leave the bag in the sun for long periods of time and I store the bag in a closed area.

I contacted Revolution and got in touch with a man named David Henrickson. I told him about the situation and he proclaimed the color change is from normal wear and tear.

David stated, “Fading is unavoidable, especially with the super intense colors like bright pink we used to offer and the Atomic orange. MSeveral other of the brighter color that we offer will also fade. In fact, I've seen older Navy bags that look like they're a Carolina Blue. Our goal is to make bags that last as long as humanly possible. Normal wear and tear, though can not be eliminated.”

Revolutions goal is to make a bag that last as long as humanly possible, which consisted of 6 months in my case. Overall I enjoyed the bag and the qualities it offered, but the fading is unacceptable. There is no reason the material should change colors that dramatically within a short period of time.

In the end, David and I could not reach an agreement on a discounted bag or a different bag. I would stay away from “Super Intense Colors” if purchasing a Revolution Disc Golf bag. This post is to let people be aware of my situation and the lack in quality Revolution promotes.

Jeff

Tags: Bag, Disc, Golf, Reviews, Revolution

Views: 1528

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks to everyone that posted. I wanted to let people know my problem, therefore, you could make a better decision when purchasing new dg bag. I wish there were some reviews like this before I purchased my bag; maybe I would have picked a different color/company? The other post isn’t me it’s another customer that has a similar problem. I love the conversation and debate that this post brought to the table. I have no affiliation with other companies; I’m just a disc golfer posting a review. Here is my PDGA #48048, and you can check me out on the discgolfscene. Thanks
I also wanted to let everyone know that I sent David Henrickson the link to this post (Revolution Customer Service). I thought I would give him a chance to defend himself and the company in public. Although, I don’t plan on seeing a post from him, it would be great to get his opinion.
I have an atomic orange Carolina. Its an AWESOME bag just don't buy that color. Plain and simple discussion over. Also forget me ever using a Fade bag. Compared to the quality of Revolution bags they aren't even in the same ballpark.
-Tpro
i saw 2 bags this weekend at a tourney and it didnt look like a normal faded bag these were ugly and did not fade evenly something is wrong with the pigment in the fabric or something
@T-Pro = You're right, the Fade bags are far superior to the Revolution, Revo is not in the same league at all. :-)
Are you sure you're not working for Innova or Grip EQ? I want to see some pay stubs lol!
I bought my Revolution bag in 2001. It is still fully functional and I am impressed by the durability. The design works perfect for me. You can check my stats (11924) and see not many weeks go by without me shooting some disc ...I've already won 2 tournys this year...(I mostly miss weeks in the winter as I am by Chicago...12 minutes from Lemon Lake)...I am on my 3rd pair of quad shocks for this bag. My only complaint is I can't sell them in my store as they don't wholesale.

Want a bag that will last forever?
BUY REVOLUTION!
Or Gorilla Boy!

Unless I missed it your only gripe with the bag is the color fading, and from the picture its just a small splotch along the top edge. I think your review is ridiculous.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968