www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I purchase a Revolution bag last year and want to give a review on the product. Also warning people about the lack in quality the product holds and customer service.

Purchasing an Atomic Orange bag from Revolution for $135 and after one season there has been significant color changes in the material. The Atomic Orange has now turned to PINK. I also live in Michigan where as the Disc Golf season, I play is from April-September (6 months); I never leave the bag in the sun for long periods of time and I store the bag in a closed area.

I contacted Revolution and got in touch with a man named David Henrickson. I told him about the situation and he proclaimed the color change is from normal wear and tear.

David stated, “Fading is unavoidable, especially with the super intense colors like bright pink we used to offer and the Atomic orange. MSeveral other of the brighter color that we offer will also fade. In fact, I've seen older Navy bags that look like they're a Carolina Blue. Our goal is to make bags that last as long as humanly possible. Normal wear and tear, though can not be eliminated.”

Revolutions goal is to make a bag that last as long as humanly possible, which consisted of 6 months in my case. Overall I enjoyed the bag and the qualities it offered, but the fading is unacceptable. There is no reason the material should change colors that dramatically within a short period of time.

In the end, David and I could not reach an agreement on a discounted bag or a different bag. I would stay away from “Super Intense Colors” if purchasing a Revolution Disc Golf bag. This post is to let people be aware of my situation and the lack in quality Revolution promotes.

Jeff

Tags: Bag, Disc, Golf, Reviews, Revolution

Views: 1536

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

REVOLT ion.
I'd be revolted by it, the fade that is.
No problems with my Fade tourney Psycho bag,5 yrs going strong.
try incorporating uv protectancts in the fabric
re dye it your own color
I have a Digital Camo and a Forrest Green Revolution bag and no problems after 5 years.
The quality of these bags are top notch, but they are without a doubt, the poorest designed bags I've ever had. Customer service is even worse. I've sent several e-mails over the years and have NEVER had a reply back. I will never buy another product from this company again!

COME ON GRIP!
I gotta side with Revolution on this. Revo bags have always faded but I never considered it a defect, just a natural occurrence, like a disc breaking in with age.

Revos are the standard of the industry, sported by a high percentage of tournament players and in my personal opinion, a great bag. Since they all fade if Revo gave refunds it would have to replace every bag they ever made.

As an aside, if I ever had an Atomic Orange bag I would be thrilled if it faded (deer hunter orange is not a good color). I am surprised anyone would care if their bag faded. If your favorite t-shirt faded, would you care?
I'm not worried ever about color. My concern is how long the bag will last !!!
No fade on either my red Carolina nor my blue Carolina, after five plus years each. I live in north Texas and the sun gets pretty intense for several months out of the year. The blue bag is starting to show signs of wear on the bottom, but normal and I'll buy another Revo bag.
didn't you already post this on dgcr ,just to be told you handled it immaturely by many people ?
Also if you knew how to set your white balance on your camera it would be orange
Sorry John - there's nothing wrong with the white balance in that shot. Some of the highlights are blown, but looking at the surface below the bag and the contrast color on the bag itself you can clearly see that the white balance is spot on. I also fail to see anything "immature" about wanting a very expensive bag to maintain its' color better than this bag did. I would also expect the company to stand behind the product. At the very least there should be a warning on the company's website that certain colors are prone to fading. Companies like Oberon Design make it very clear that certain specific dyes will fade more than others. Quality construction applies to the materials used as well as to the design and manufacturing process. To me, this is a serious lack of quality.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968