www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

During tournament Disc Golf in the Northern California area I have been observing the AM divisions' scores as the have been coming in for the monthlies and club tournaments(non sanct.). The big thing I have noticed has been that the top 4 AM 2 scores have been beating or been comparable to the AM1 scores. As an AM golfer this is frustrating. Mostly because the AM2 fields are the biggest and therefore have the biggest pay outs. I have tried to talk the club into eliminating the AM2 division so that this problem would be fixed. Would this scare away new tournament golfers?
Is this happening all around the country or just Cali?

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I hear you !!!! I do believe this happens everywhere. I know some players who have either been in the Intermediate or Advanced Division for 5 , 10 even 30 + years and will not move up because they like winning plastic . This does Hurt the newer players from entering tournaments and growth of the sport !!!! We call them SANDBAGGERS !!!!!!

Once you win a division , even by 6 strokes or more , you should try to advance your skill level and move up !!!

Some don't want to play Open because they say , " Oh , it costs to much " !!!!! Even though they qualify for that division.

I feel you should not play Novice if you can Birdie holes , Drive , Upshot and Putt with any accuracy !!!!!

C'mon...................... - 4 under for Novice ? With Sandbaggers in each division , folks won't want to participate in the next event with the same players !!!!

Novice should be for Brand New Players who have little or no experience with Disc Golf !!!!

If you have a Disc Golf Bag , Know what a Driver , Midrange and Putter are specifically used for and can make SOME shots , play Intermediate.

If you SHOOT anywhere NEAR UNDER PAR , know how to Drive with some accuracy , Putt for Birdies , Play Advanced !!!!!

If you want to IMPROVE your game and get respect for playing Disc Golf , play Open !!!! Yes , playing Open is more Difficult , but worth it !!!! You can learn from the Best !!!!

Folks get Mad when I talk the Truth , but the Real Truth is Do you want to Improve your Game or just stay where your at ?

Some are Happy where they are at and don't want to change. I say don't complain then and help others who DO want to improve their game !!!!!

Players Do need to move up though and encourage the New players to advance in their game , this helps the Sport to Grow and Increases tournament numbers !!!!
Are the losers the only ones complaining? A top am 2 player is 930+ ,thats a good golfer. Im sure a player of that caliber makes a beginner look bad.So instead of whining step up the game.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968