www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I just ordered a a Champion Destroyer on ebay. The seller states that it is a new Champ plastic that reminds him of the 2nd run Valk. plastic. Also, only 50 were made as a test run. The only diff I saw on the pictures was it had the DX hot stamp. Just like the Night Shift Orcs did. Has anybody thrown this disc yet or has even heard of it? I know they made changes to the Star plastic, but this one is new to me.

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

if it had the DX stamp, it probably is DX,

???
sounds like the person is stretching the truth?
i've seen a pic of one on discaroo. it's definitely candy plastic with a dx stamp.
There's no doubt it's Champ plastic. He had several pics and you can see right through it. I've heard about the Night Shift discs in Star plastic, but not with Champ plastic. So I was just hoping some one out there has one or has more info on them.
Thanks,
just bought a very candyish pro destroyer in a local shop here in washington heard rumors of innova getting pro plastic stock from a different supplier and this is the first pro i've seen that is semi transparent looks alot like my jk pro valks.
Dave Dunipace was on here a bit ago (search for a night shift thread) and said that the champ destroyers are all being put through the night shift stabilization process. I have no idea what he's talking about though.
Hey Discgnome here,
i just got one of the destroyers you are talking about yesterday. The plastic is reminiscent of the Champ plastic or actually might be just like the old plastic. Haven't thrown the disc yet. With only 50 or 60 made can't decide if i should throw it or not.
weight came out at 133g...pretty light but might be what this old arm of mine needs to get back to 300 ft. throws. of course this probably isn't a disc for wind at that weight. still all in all it is a kool feeling disc.
I just got the word on these discs. These are not Champion. The give away is the weight. Champion only goes down to the high sixties at this point. Although these were see through, they were a test of a DX/RPro material. The link to these is http://www.herodiscusa.com/flat-top-dx-destroyer-test-plastic.html
I have a few of the "night shift" Orc's. From what I understand. Innova was trying to make their discs more consistant and more overstable. They called these molds "Night Shift" They made the Boss, Orc,and Destroyer with this new technique. However, they only made approx 100 discs of each model. I must say, for me. They are quite overstable (the Orc) almost too much for me. I had to put an Anhy angle to get that sucker to go. The plastic seem diff as well IMO. Very, very rigid. I think you can take out tree limbs with this plastic lol!!
Hope that sheds some light on the subject for you!

Peace,
Dave D from INNOVA posted the original sale information below. These are a test run of DX plastic, not Champion.

http://www.herodiscusa.com/flat-top-dx-destroyer-test-plastic.html

Apparently these originally sold for the traditional DX price of $8.99.
Thanks, I checked it out. I guess it's a combo of R-Pro and DX plastic. It's odd though. You would think with those plastic combo's. You wouldn't be able to see through them? No matter. I can't wait to give that sucker a rip!
Here's a follow up. Yes, this is NOT champion plastic. Even though it has somewhat of the feel is NOT champion plastic. No doubt now I will be trying it out. Oh, did I mention it is NOT Champion plastic. DX & RPro mix with a DX price of 8.99. Boy do I fell lame for what I paid. Hell I don't usually pay that much for Champion plastic. Buyers on Ebay BEWARE! Thanks Discette and DaveD for the word up. Wish I had seen this discussion before I bought it. AT least now I won't be running around bragging about my new Champion Disc.(LOL)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968