www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Im sorry but the new chat was a horrible addition to the ning network!! I cant get on at work, Yeah yeah i know some of you guys are gonna be like well "you should be working not on chat" well dont judge what you dont know....

I assume because of the chat program is why i cant get in. I have the latest version of adobe, It is not blocked by my firewall it just doesnt show up up. I see a grey bar but thats it nothing is inside the grey. Those of you who dont know i work in a hospital, We have a t1 line so connection isnt the issue.

more approriate terry ?

Why cant we go back to the old chats we used to have ? You can put it on a seperate page so people dont have to use it if they dont want to, admin rights can be givin to those that use it the most so things dont get out of hand.

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jon Andrews said:
My only complaint is that it takes up too much space it feels, and the free floating chat box doesn't always work. I am sure that ning is working on that. Terry, you maintain a wonderful site !

For me, the free floating chat does not work at all and the button with the arrow pointing up that brings the chat up on top of the webpage is gone all together now...it was there a few days ago.

IMO, this new chat was a downgrade...not an upgrade...this new chat does not allow multi-tasking like the old one where you could view pictures, view videos, etc. while keeping up with the conversation in the small chat window that was provided.

Other than that, this site is still fun to visit...thanks Terry!
Funny! :)

Disc-O Golf said:

Probably need to get the latest Flash update.

BP said:
I honestly can't even see or find the chat now. I see nothing at the bottom of the page as described. Can I not use Firefox????
I agree with Mark. its working just fine. :)
i couldnt get into chat at work (OSU) the firewall blocked it. with the new chat i can now, but id trade that for being able to use the old chat at home.

the new one cutts off words and sentences, and links never fit and dont actually link. sometimes the photo icons appear and disappear for no reason.

it seems that less people are on chat now and it is way less active. some may like it better, but it seems to be killing its use.
Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun said:
Funny! :)

Disc-O Golf said:

Thanks! I wanted it to be funny...You have a FUN site!
hey now,can you hear me now.Like the hand held operation,does it take pics,lol

Disc-O Golf said:

IRC eh, irc.efnet.net , #discgolf

theres some people there, could use more.
I have a chat on the Team LSDiscs Club Page if anyone is ever looking for one:)
im on it !!!!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968