www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I love this sport and in my are there is only 1 club and they are very selfish and greedy it seems.  People are avoiding the courses they play on at times.  I have some fellow players and friends who as a great, we are seriously considering starting a new club.  I will talk to some of my business customers for donations/advertising expens to help us get started.  I REALLY need to talk to someone who has done this and maybe is doing it still.  I'm very seriouse about this and promoting this spport in my area.  I feel as though things here can be so much funner and better.  There is a college here and not one student is in the club.  Help me guys, what should I do????????????????  I need to SPEAK with someone i think, not just chat.

Tags: club, promotion

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The question is what do you want to do with the new club?

Is it a league? A group of people just going out to throw? Neither of those require extra money or sponsorships.

Is it an event? you may need it, however you may also need a club to help sponsor the event.

Personally I started one for a league. It worked out well. I am going to do it again this year.
I didn't start but I help with running rounds for the "24 Chains" league in Ann Arbor. The league got started by Gabe so he knows all the details but we worked on the basis of we wanted to play at a time when A3 didn't offer a league round. Get a core group of people, even if it is just 2 or 3 other guys. Meet up once a week at the same time and play. Word of mouth and this website have helped us out greatly.

Gabe is usually on the site just send him a message. He has a little one about to come so he might be busy but he should still have some time to drop you a line or two to help out.
The questions I have are things like, where do you put the money you raise, i want to have tourny events eventualy, nothing sanctioned at first. Am i liable for injured players while performing maintenance. How do i go about making sure I can even do any maintenance? Is it ok since its public park, do i have to have written concent? How will the other club most likely take us stating up? lots of questions. thanks for your thoughts guys, means alot to me
If you do anything in a Public Park, you need to have Parks and Rec involved. You can start a club on this site, get people involved, then go from there. Westmoreland Disc Golf Club started on this site, and now we are self sufficient. We just recently bought three new baskets, but needed Parks and Rec to approve install. There should be lots of answers out there for you, hope you can get them. Good luck. We need people wanting to get involved to keep this sport going.
___Tab
Try here

http://www.pdga.com/affiliate_club/sample-club-charter

Kinda like the basics to a business plan but for a disc club.
this was a very helpful document. I will use this to meet with my few starting firiends. If anyone is willing to talk to me who has done this before, i would appreciate it. I just wanna hear a few of the small details from someone. I'd like to hear the story of actions taken to start. This area has 1 awesome course of 36 holes , 1 18 hole course that needs love, and a 9 hole in an active city park that i would like to use for recruiting (its on the freakin' campuss!) I'm really excited about this but am a little nervouse too. I don't think anyone around here even uses this site to be honest. It's kinda weird around here but has soooo much potential to open the sport up to soo soo many people. I think it is a dis-service to the sport to let it contenue the way it is now.
Are there any players from south Louisiana on this site willing to jump into this? i have some super great ideas for improvements to some of the courses in the Lafayette area.
The internet is the place to be.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968