www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Has anyone played this course yet? who designed it and is it ready for play i.e. realistic fairways
i am thinking about heading out to play it on sunday aug.2nd from GR--not too far of a drive

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Joal. I haven't heard of this one. That's a good setting for a course. Hope you can let us know about it after your round.
that park is sweet! Used to go there for their beach on summer weekends when I lived in Lansing, it has e really nice sand and used to allow you to bring your dogs there....... a disc golf course in that location could be awesome.......
this is what i found out about it.

http://www.pdga.com/course-details?id=3471
Yeah, apparently this course is brand new but a friend of mine just played it today and said it was really bad ass, and after only playing it once said it was one of his favorite courses. I plan on driving out there tomorrow to check it out, sounds like a great course though.
take some pics so everyone can see what it looks like.
david please share with us your opinion after you play the course. i dont get too many free days to play all day--my other choices of course are flip city, or hammond hill-
Very good course! I submitted the course description on www.pdga.com. It's a good mixture of open and closed, short and long, with good elevation changes. Pretty unique setting. It's hard to navigate though. I would argue that is one of the better course around GR for the drive.
Eh. So I played the course last weekend and it was ok. Not anything crazy/special. The elevation was not what I was expecting for dunes, they are not dunes, just reminants of dunes. Some fun woods shots that are all pretty short but interesting. The shots in the open are nothing spectacular. One water hazard comes into play on holes 12 and 13, it is a pretty nasty swamp but it really shouldnt be a hazard as only a terrible drive would come anywhere close to it. Holes 1-3 are open with a few mature trees. 4-10 are moderately wooded to wooded and are all decently fun shots. The open holes were not that interesting to me; holes 11-16. This is where most of the elevation comes into play but even so it is probably only 10 ft of said elevation. 17 and 18 are both deuce looks. Positives about the course; it is not pay to play, the baskets are brand new and nice, the placement of pins is great, and the variety of holes is nice. Cons: with this park there seemed to be a lot of land not being used near the back nine that would make for great woods shots with elevation. The fairways are not always fairways, more of a desert; with cactus and all kinds of crazy hives of insects I have never seen before. Tee pads are not good, but the course is new so in time I am sure they'll be ok. Navigation was terrible so make sure you are playing at a time when other people would be there; weekends. Overall I was disappointed because I had heard the course was amazing and it was mediocer. I wouldnt drive out here again from kzoo just to play the course, only if I was in Saugatuck to go to the beach, then it would be worth the trip.
Again, that was just my opinion. My friend who is also well versed in disc golf and has played his fair share of courses said it was in his top 5 favorite after playing it for the first time. I would disaggree but to each his own.
I dont know, but I am home on leave and I am stopping to play it on the 17th on the way back to South Carolina. Tell me if it is any good.
So i finally got out to play the course on sunday. It is not at the state park but right next to the state park. It is in Shore Acres Park. I am glad i got the map from the DGcoursereview site otherwise i would have spent a long time walking around. I thought the course was fun and agree with most of what david hedstrom said about hole layout. Coming from the desert of disc golf known as grand rapids i will probably venture out to play the course again before winter. The water should definitley not come in to play unless......The wooded holes made good use of defined fairways. I think the elevation changes were more than 10 ft. The open holes were all fairly long to make up for the lack of fairway or foliage. i was generally impressed with the course putting it at a 3 or 3 1/2 rating out of 5. no cement tee pads . a few holes had rubber pads which became pretty sandy. i also like the basket placement on most holes and only one wooded throw and hope hole, #9.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968