www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey I was wondering what discs you think would compliment my current set. It obviously lacks something in between my driver and midrange... let me know what you think.

I have
173 EcoStar Groove
171 Star Spider
175 Star Aviar
167 Glow Aviar

Tags: aviar, compliment, disc, groove, new, spider

Views: 17

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

striker!
I'm a big fan on the buzz(pro-d)Throws nice and straight.
since you have all Innova, I will stick with that. I like of the TeeBird. It's a fairway driver, and great for controlled shots where you do not need a bomb of a drive. I would get that (or the Discraft XL which is close to the same flight path), and work your way around after that. The best way to learn what works is to try it. See if you can find someone who has a lot of discs and ask if you can try them out because new discs can take a chuck out of your wallet.

good luck
thanks for the help. looking into getting a TL because I like straighter discs
Teebird, TL, Striker, Tracker, Leopard, Eagle, Monster, Firebird
I would say a Tee-Bird, or Possibly a Leopard.
Leopard's rule, but if you aren't throwing a Roc already you should be
Try a Millenium JLS or QJLS.
You need some mids and fairway drivers: Leopard, Roc, Stingray, Whippet
I would say a Roc, and a Leopard would be all that you need for now.

To Compliment your Groove: Valkyrie, Roadrunner, Wraith

A Wraith and a Roadrunner should fill the voids in the driver group for now.

Get them in DX for now so they break in faster, and you get an idea of the true flight patterns of the discs and how they compliment each other. I never get my midranges in anything other than DX, I can get them to their true flight patterns after a couple tree slaps and being midranges and less apt to get slammed very often so they last a good while staying in the flight pattern I prefer from them. For Drivers I get them in DX, see how I like them, get a general idea of how they'll perform once they hit the sweet stage of broken in. If I think I can't do without that disc I will then replace with Champ or Star so it lasts long enough to get my moneys worth.

I actually have 2 Champion Valyries I got last year that STILL haven't reached that sweet stage of broken in. I'm thinking about slamming them onto the teepad before every throw, then once they do what I expect them to, stop abusing them. They are taking too long to break in lol. And I use them a lot.
I had a similar issue. I wanted something longer then the Buzzz or Roc but not as far as a driver. Here's what worked for me.

Discraft Stalker
Innova TL
DGA Squall
Innova TeeBird
Innova Leopard (anhyzer disc)

It has taking some time for me to figure which of the 5 discs I listed worked the best for me. But now I feel more comfortable throwing the Stalker and the Leopard for those shots that are a bit too long for my other midrange discs.
Cheetah and Gazelle. For less than $20, you can add these two nice discs to your arsenal and never look back.
Star Road Runner

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968