www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey I was wondering what discs you think would compliment my current set. It obviously lacks something in between my driver and midrange... let me know what you think.

I have
173 EcoStar Groove
171 Star Spider
175 Star Aviar
167 Glow Aviar

Tags: aviar, compliment, disc, groove, new, spider

Views: 17

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You may also want to try a DGA Squall.
http://www.discgolfreview.com/discs/dga/squall.shtml
My Longest driver is a 167g star destroyer.
My most accurate driver is either my 169 dx wraith or my 169 star beast
The pro Roc and champion Leapord are my favorite fairway drivers but I think you need a pro or dx Wolf due to its ability to never come back on a short anhyzer shot..
A champion or star valkrie is a great long distance downhill driver, but I would reccomend a 166g champion Monarch due to the fact that you are used to a groove on your driver. It is just like the groove but turns over so much easier. It also does all of the things that a valkrie can do a little better in my opinion. It doubles as a fantastic roller disc that rolls great the first time you throw it! If you ever need a disc to a S turn it works great...
Finally I think it is a great idea to add a severely overstable disc to use for overhands and flicks especially a thunber which is a must have for around here. A 167g champion monster is my favorite but a whippet is a great disc to use as well. You will find this disc to be your go to disc to get yourself out of really hairy situations like tightly wooded areas and severe turning hyzer shots.
Check out the innova disc chart and learn what the numbers mean. write the chart on the disc in marker
firebird or predator for a pure overstable disc(s), with t-bird or surge for a long reliable driver, never thrown an eco star groove but it doesn't sound like a reliable disc to me esp. if you are a beginner which you didn't mention.
There is no way to know which exact discs might work best for you, having never seen you throw. However, we have a good idea of the various challenges you will face on the course. You might have to throw short, medium or long shots. At each of those distances your shots might need to go straight, right or left. So 9 basic shots.

Obviously you could use just one disc and try to make it adapt to all the shots. But most players find it easier to use discs tailored for particular shots.

You are starting with one driver, one mid and two putters. Your page says these are the only discs you own. If you tell us which shots you do best and which shots you have the most problems with we could make educated guesses what to add to your bag.

Or you could find experienced players and have them give you suggestions for both your throwing form and disc selection.
sounds like a great idea. i have been looking at the monarch for a while and a specialty escape disc would definitely help. thanks

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968