www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I was watching a classic car show and it gave me a great new disc name. the 'Marauder'.
I think it's good anyway. So share any ideas here, serious or not. There have been some DB threads on this and the joke names are the best. The Thwak, the Clunk and the CE Hoveround come to mind.

Views: 33

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think theres a Condor already as well...
If the Nebula is like a Buzzz but slightly different, why dont they call it the Buzzard?
The Marauder has been out of production for so long that Discraft could recycle the name at this point. Gateway just recycled the "Warrior" name and Innova recycled the "Eagle" name, so it's no unheard of.
the disaster... certain to cause one

speed 31
glide .3
hss 9
lss 26
I'm thinking Fly.. Buzzz / wasp.. Why not fly ?
Hootie said:
If the Nebula is like a Buzzz but slightly different, why dont they call it the Buzzard?
jim said:
My discs are already called : The Damnit, The WTF, and The How the hell did it go over there. Oh yeah and the ever popular "The Are U Kidding disc".

HA!- This literally made me laugh out loud.

I think Innova should consider using the rest of The Deadly Viper Assassination Squad team names. They've already got Sidewinder. For those who don't know, the other members names were Black Mamba, Cottonmouth, Copperhead, and California Mountain Snake. All of which are managed by Bill aka Snake Charmer.
i like it.

AlternaTour said:
The "Tantrum"
For alot of those hot headed pros. So it would go: "hey what did he throw?...a Tantrum!"
they could name one "Y" and you would only find its meaning when you throw it and find that it flips over really quickly except when you slip and don't get anything on it and you yell "WHY!!!!!" as it dives into the lake in Madisonville, KY...oh wait ... that one is already called a Sidewinder.

Seriously though, I think a sweet name for a really slow mid-range with a good glide would be the "Sloth" or the "Crane". A disc could be named the "Aviator" and a name for a really fast distance driver would be the Illusion...oh yeah, nice Job David McCormack at Gateway! How about the "Streak or "Whirlwind" or "Breakneck" or a really overstable disc called the "Anchor" or the "Root". The "Sasquatch" is also pretty cool.

Or you could have one that every run turns out a little different in its stability and call it a "Boss"
"The Chicken" - Ya know, when you want to make an approach shot nestle next to the basket without any chance of it going in. Works well with the Roc, Cro line.

"The De-Bosser" - Discraft's new high speed disc.

"The Flutter" - For, when a nice smooth shot is not needed.

"The Biscuit" - When a "buttered" shot is desired. For better glide use the "Biscuit LS".

"The Flip" - An understable disc that "flips off" the fairway as it glides by.

"The Acronym" - Comes in ESP, FLX, DX, CE, GT, SG1 and the new WTFP?

"The Fit" - When in doubt, throw a Fit!

And if you have made it this far,

"The Booger" - Makes disc selection a key. Make sure you pick the right one in the right weight.
I used to upshot and put with a Marauder - very stable and controllable. But it is old and worn out and on the wall now. I now use a candy Spider.
nitegolfer said:
"The Chicken" - Ya know, when you want to make an approach shot nestle next to the basket without any chance of it going in. Works well with the Roc, Cro line.

haha. nice ones.

"The Biscuit" - When a "buttered" shot is desired. For better glide use the "Biscuit LS".

"The Booger" - Makes disc selection a key. Make sure you pick the right one in the right weight.
nitegolfer said:

Bahahahahahahahahahah!!! ....new WTFP!!!! Bahahahahahha!!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968