www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Last spring I purchased 18 new pro targets for Black Falls DGC. The chains are already rusting I also noticed this at the Sugarbush courses.Has anyone else had a problem with these? I thought they were galvanized. I love the way they catch, but c'mon for $300 you would think they would be rust proof for more than 8 months.

Views: 28

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

damn that sucks
All the Discatchers that I have seen around here in MI are rusting. Some are rusting on the yellow rings and the paint is peeling off. They look terrible. I think that the steel they use in the chains and baskets is recycled low grade scrap steel, very common, very cheap, imported from china. And galvanized dosn't mean rust proof, it is only as good as the steel it is put on. If the iron underneath begins to oxidize the coating on top dosn't do anything. Think about it like a cheap paint job, the rust begins under the paint, from the inside out. I can say I haven't seen any Chainstars in the condition of the Discatchers around these parts. Signing baskets may make a course look bad, but rusty baskets look even worse.
Our chainstars are rust and corrosion free after 4+ years in the ground in Michigan weather!!
Mike said:
All the Discatchers that I have seen around here in MI are rusting. Some are rusting on the yellow rings and the paint is peeling off. They look terrible. I think that the steel they use in the chains and baskets is recycled low grade scrap steel, very common, very cheap, imported from china. And galvanized dosn't mean rust proof, it is only as good as the steel it is put on. If the iron underneath begins to oxidize the coating on top dosn't do anything. Think about it like a cheap paint job, the rust begins under the paint, from the inside out. I can say I haven't seen any Chainstars in the condition of the Discatchers around these parts. Signing baskets may make a course look bad, but rusty baskets look even worse.
DGA Baskets Rock !!!!!
Innova known for great discs but their baskets do rust and present a bad image for prospective buyers of targets. For the image of the sport, I hope they correct this problem with their targets.
Haven't had the pleasure of playing the BRATS course yet Ben. That's great that yours are still looking good. I know the ones in GR at Riverside are getting rough, same as the ones down in Three Rivers at Meyer Broadway (origional) (new course is Chainstars) and I can't remember all the other courses where I have seen the classic Discatcher rusty speckled baskets.

Ben Calhoun said:
Our chainstars are rust and corrosion free after 4+ years in the ground in Michigan weather!!
Mike said:
Johnny,

Here in Dayton, Ohio we had this same experience within 8 months of putting Sycamore Trails DGC in the ground (located in Miamisburg Ohio actually). I would suggest taking photographs of the rusted chains and sending them to Innova with a formal complaint. We sent them photos and had our President contact them repeatedly. At that point they were very responsive to the problem (as well as apologetic) and immediately sent us replacement chains. I hope this helps and good luck!

Brian
we had the issue at the Lumberton park and sent pictures to the company. They sent out replacement chains.
At what point do you treat the cause and not the effect? Or maybe they already have?

IMHO Avoid the hassle and buy DISCRAFT!
Amen Tracy my chainstar is still looking brand new except where i welded it

Tracy Glidden said:
At what point do you treat the cause and not the effect? Or maybe they already have?

IMHO Avoid the hassle and buy DISCRAFT!
Many of the Discatchers on the Jackson course at the IDGC have rusty chains. Not sure if they have been repaired.
discking's "kingpin" wont rust! ;)

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968