www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Last spring I purchased 18 new pro targets for Black Falls DGC. The chains are already rusting I also noticed this at the Sugarbush courses.Has anyone else had a problem with these? I thought they were galvanized. I love the way they catch, but c'mon for $300 you would think they would be rust proof for more than 8 months.

Views: 33

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Tino "SilverBack" Medina said:
we had the issue at the Lumberton park and sent pictures to the company. They sent out replacement chains.

Innova also sent us replacement chains for the baskets at Tower Ridge 2. They were very responsive to the problem.
Rust adds charactor
I am discking said:
discking's "kingpin" wont rust! ;)
Do you happen to have a picture ?
Donny Olow said:
I am discking said:
discking's "kingpin" wont rust! ;)
Do you happen to have a picture ?
I would like to see if it has triple chains.
Has anybody asked Innova about the source of this problem? I have had a Sport for over two years, and it has no rust on it. This seems pretty wierd to me. Maybe I'll ask Innova about it...
We had the same issue out here at the Quake. They replaced the chains as well.
The chain rusting has been a challenge. The underlying issue is both latent and intermittent. There were no apparent galvanizing problems in the shop. But out in the field, some of the chains have unfortunately rusted right away; others have been on the course for years without any rust. I apologize to all of you who've paid for our putted at our bogey.

Here's how we are handling the problem. For targets in the field experiencing rapidly rusting chains, we are offering replacement chain sets. For future installations, we've increased our testing procedures for chain and enhanced the galvanizing specification. Hopefully this combination can redress this existing problems and reduce future ones.

Again, I am sorry for our bogey. Please feel free to contact me directly at (800) 476.3968 or harold.duvallatinnovadiscgolf.com to report a problem, or share your concerns.

Take care,
Harold Duvall
Yet another reason I love this sport:

Rusty chains? Start a discussion on a free networking site and within a day or so the Pres of the sports' most successful company replies to it.

Wouldn't happen with snowboarding...
Thanks for chiming in Harold!
Great point Bill and it is a great thing!

Bill said:
Yet another reason I love this sport:

Rusty chains? Start a discussion on a free networking site and within a day or so the Pres of the sports' most successful company replies to it.

Wouldn't happen with snowboarding...
Tino "SilverBack" Medina said:
we had the issue at the Lumberton park and sent pictures to the company. They sent out replacement chains.

Innova was very easy to work with about the problem. They sent out replacement chains and we worked very hard to change the old ones. They took care of the problem, but the replacement chains have now begun to rust. Innova stands behind their products and I appreciate that. The amount of time and effort it took to change the chains is the reason we haven't contacted them about the condition of the replacement chains. Also you need to be very careful removing the chain assembly and the chains from the assembly as the powder coating can be scratched or chipped. I am confident that they will solve the problem, but we will wait until they do. We are still happy with the baskets and the company. (I don't think Innova makes the chains)
I have two disccatchers. Both portable both won in raffles. The first I won six years ago an it was used then. It has been in my yard in Hawaii for five years and does need paint every year but the one I won last year new began rusting right away. The center ring of the basket fell off the first time I picked it up. Three chains were not clamped at the top. I emailed Brian at Innova and sent photos. He said that he would send me another "basket" but he never did and would not reply to my dozen emails. I would not buy one. But I invested less than seventy dollars in them so I'll keep them. And the new ones are made in china, nuff said.
Today we are throwing at Bunkajins.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968