www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

It has to do with tweaks on how to get distance and has a pro fix three peoples forms and has them throwing farther right away. Just thought I'd let anybody who didn't know know.

Thanks for keeping these coming Mark!!!!

Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-5uHMoYJ6Q

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've been using Climo's grip with the end result being more control and better distance. I have large hands and this works very well for drivers with wide rims. I imagine different grips work better for folks depending upon hand size and grip strength. (For the record, I have four fingers and a thumb on each hand, could just be me, though . . .)
The Climo Grip works really well for me too on large rim drivers and my hands are on the smaller side.
If you watch the champs way dvd Climo and Feldberg do not throw the same driver grip.(Contrary to what Dave says on his tips on grip spot on you tube) Climo uses the fork. Feldberg uses a "modified" Power Grip. I agree w/ judozuna that smaller hands have a hard time getting that modified power grip on large rim discs. I've used both and as of right now the fork is more comfortable and seems to help me keep nose down. I noticed on my power grip that my middle 2 fingers were pulling away from the disc anyway...
I tried this at the football field and I dont throw near as far and lost a lot of control ,I'll stick with my own way which is feels better in my hand
Tried which? The Fork Grip or the tips from the Discraft video?
I must say the climo fork grip has improved my backhand putting tremendously.
I already throw 400 to 450 with a fan grip. I am not sure I will get more useful distance except maybe in a wide open field.

I also find it interesting the advice he gives to the last guy as to how to throw it. most people are taught to bring it straight across your chest and this totally goes against this advice. Great video to check out overall. Good post Judo
Yea I thought the same thing about the releasing at 90 degrees but I guess he does say he's not talking about control or anything else except pure distance which I guess you would nee a wide open area like the one in the video because those discs has a LOT of left to right travel
The discraft one ,it just didnt work for me i'll stick with my fan grip

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968