www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Has anyone here had a chance to throw the new Samurai or Mid proto? I was able to toss them around a little but I havn't got a feel for them quite yet. I was wondering if/what other peoples opinions were. 

Views: 139

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If someone had these laying around I'd throw them, but my disc addiction of buying has been sharply curbed.

The "E" Samurai (very early run) that I was given flew a lot like a Champ Katana for me.  It had a bit of stability, but not too much.  You could still get on it and force it over for a nice s-turn shot with LOTS of straight glide.  It went just as far as anything else in my bag that day.  The plastic had a good grippy feel...I was impressed with this in particular.  Unfortunately, it now resides in the bottom of a pond in Potosi, MO.  It wasn't the discs fault. 

The Mid proto (Mystic, I believe) is a very nice mold.  Dave has been giving them out, in standard plastic, like candy all around St. Louis in hopes of getting some people hooked.  He is confident that this is a crowd pleaser.  I have not tried it in the more durable "E" plastic (usually a bit more stable) yet, but the freebie is an all-around great flyer.  It behaves alot like a Buzz SS does.  You can get it to do what you want. 

Greg, 

I think I need to beat in my Samurai a little bit more to get a more predictable flight, but I noticed right away that it was very Katana like as well. That's such a bummer that it's sleepin' with the fishes now :(

I totally agree about (what I think is called) The Mystic, that's the beadless one right? It just feels good in my hand and flies great, I've even set aside my Buzzz to make room for it. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968