www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I noticed this the other day,  anyone herd of this yet?

"The Innova Wahoo long range driver recieved its approval yesterday. Flight numbers are 13 (speed) and a 6 (glide), HSS is -2 and the LSS is +3.

It will be available in R-Pro within four weeks. Wahoo will float in water up to 169-170grams.

Some numbers for us plastic-addicts:
Outside diameter: 21.0 cm
Inside rim diameter: 16.1 cm
Height: 2.0 cm
Rim depth: 1.2 cm
Rim thickness: 2.4 cm
Flexibility rating: 10.21 kg
Rim configuration rating: 33.25
Maximum weight allowed: 174.3 g"

-DG Sweden

Views: 327

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Would that be like a roadrunner on steroids?

supposed to be a speed 13/14 teebird with not much glide. being released in r-pro plastic in light weights that float up to 169-170.

wind penetrator, possibly good overhand disc.

imo, don't see how this could be faster than the boss with its high profile. this will help fight wind, but dave from innova says that this won't go farther downwind than the katana. boss is the staple for a stable to overstable highspeed driver; this seems superfluous
Wahoo? Really? That name just sucks. Why not the Scorcher, the Bomber or something cool. Wahoo from Yahoo. Only the best yahoos throw Wahoos. How about the Gremlin or Pacer?
Yeah, that's a pretty lame name. I hope that's not really what they named it....
Perhaps Yeahoos will throw Wahoos further..That's what it should of been named"Further"
According to my son "Further" is the name of the band with the still living Greatfull Dead members. So the name "Further" would appeal to the Dead Heads.
Personally, I think Innova should stick with the Mythoogical creatures for names. Centaur, Demon, Djinn, Manacore, and Ogre are all available.
We are everywhere
Yes,but we throw discs away from us,not towards.
Ohhhhhh ok. So stingray, shark, mako, dolphin, wahoo. What's next tuna, blowfish, bass, whale.....

From The Horse Himself:

I was concurrently working on a different driver which has been submitted and is called the Wahoo. Flight numbers are expected to be 12, 6, -2, 2. This is a float in water long range driver in R-Pro and weighing about 169gms.

After finishing the Wahoo, I went back to designing a high speed, low weight driver similar to the Katana, but at lower weights, and with more high speed turn. This disc won't be ready for release until next year.

Scorcher is already taken by Quest AT, although I do not believe they make the disc any more yuo can still get em.

But yeah that is a lame name.
Why not give it a Boat name as it's a floating Disc, Titanic ... of a fish name... anything is better then the sound a 12 year old boy makes when a girl says yes I'll go to the movies with you!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968