www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am looking for some suggestions here. I am looking for an out of the box, anny-able, mid-range disc. Typically, I would reach for a lighter weight, beat up Roc for this shot. But, I accomplished in losing that disc. Now I am trying to find a mid-range that will hold that anny line when thrown flat, but not turn into a roller. I can always beat in another Roc and have the disc in the bag later in the season, but I am looking for something to use in the immediate future. Any suggestions for me? Thanks

Views: 36

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Latitude 64 Fuse!!! or Discraft Stratus.
Element from Gateway, but has to by HPP plastic. great anny disc. You can throw a nice safe anny or you can throw a strong anny over a tree and it'll flatten out and drop.
Pro D Stratus for the medium stuff, if it has to be longer on the mid an FL works great. Both hold an anny and or turn over nice right out of the box. Careful, you'll get hooked on that FL.....it's like they make it out crack.
ESP Meteor or a little more understable choice would be a Stratus. Those are my suggestions.

I have heard and seen other people have great success with the Innova Mako, but I've yet to try one out.
i would strongly recoment an x comet.
Try the Flying Squirrel from ABC discs. I have 3 to 4 rocs in my bag at all times. This disc feels good in your hands if you like to throw a roc. I put one in my bag this fall and it is working wonders. No more not knowing what to do when you loose your flippy roc.
The Mako works too... Forgot about that one, but its not as long as a Fuse for me
X Comet by Discraft.
Cobra, Wolf, Panther, Fuse, Hawk, and Glide. I would give them all high marks. However the Wolf and Glide are pretty flippy and the Fuse has the least amount of distance out of them all. My favorites were the Cobra and Panther (tie), followed closely by the Hawk.
It's funny, I just had a "disc off" to find a good turnover disc. So I threw these quite a few times.The reason I liked the Cobra was that it had a nice smooth turn and did not nose dive, except when I turned my wrist over too much. The Panther was good as well, but did come back (fade) on high turnover shots. I love the Hawk, if it had a little more distance, this would be the winner, but it was a good 10+ feet shorter than the Panther and Cobra.
The Mako is perfect for this shot, just give it a good snap at the end a it holds any line you put it on.
I'm surprised Rick (Rescue) that you found the fuse to be not as long. But then I haven't thrown any of the discs you mentioned except for the Glide. The glide could really be categorized as a fairway driver. If you throw that thing in a tailwind it BOMBS. I really think I've had my longest throws ever in that situation with a glide. But back to the Fuse: I've got a gold line and found it to be longer than my roc. I'm still throw testing it (delayed since we got yet another dump of snow after it had all melted... gotta love WI) though.
Certainly a Lat 64 Gold Fuse--tons of glide on an anny line...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968