www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I just started playing, played my Third game today. I just bought a set at a garage sale this past weekend,it looks like a starter set they are by Innova and I have aviar putter 150G,Shark Midrange 150G, Leopard fairway driver 144G, and a Pro Destroyer Distance 172g.

The Shark it seems like that thing just goes strait and true and the Leopard flies nice but it always seems like it wants to bank left so when I throw that one I have to aim pretty much to the right but I get the most distance with the Leopard.

The Pro destroyer,I cant throw that one worth beans! I tried throwing it many times and every once in a while I get a good throw on it,but it hardly never goes farther then my Leopard,Im sure it's me and I'll practice but I was wondering if there is a Disc that you can recommend that will get me extra distance and that is easy to throw?

Im going to Dicks tomorrow and it looks like all they sell is Innova Discs so any from that brand that will help me out?

If not any from there what disc would be good for me,I can just order online. Thanks for the help.

Views: 582

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

AVIAR PUTTER,XD PUTT APROACH,TWO DX COBRAS,TWO STINGRAYS,PRO LEOPARD,ARCHANGEL DX,SIDWINDER STAR,STAR BEAST 150 GRAM.KC ROCS,1BLIZZARD KATANA,134 GRAMS,TWO VALKYRIES, 2 STAR T BIRDS 150 GRAMS, TWO STAR TL 162 GRAMS,WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE THE ONLINE INVENTORY OF CLEARWATER DISC GOLF STORE.COM 45,000 DISC 12 HOURS A DAY RETAIL STORE,TOLL FREE LINES FREE SHIPPING 39 DOLLARS AND UP,LIVE CUSTOMER SUPPORT !!!!!DONT GET WHAT THEY WANT YOU TO GET call 727 725 2654 ASK FOR P.C. OR MISS WENDY TELL EM PRESTON SAID SO AND GET THE WORLDS LARGEST DISC GOLF STORE ON YOUR GAMES SIDE!MORE ACCURATE FLIGHTDESCRIPTIONS THAN THE GENERIC SITES

I never fixed my mistakes by masking them

Some more disc advice,I still been at it and im getting better but still not happy with the distance im getting. My best throwing disc for distance for me is the Leopard and its 144g. I recently bought a Teebird as I read its beginner user friendly and I cant throw it for crap either,its 167g.

Im throwing this teebird and it acts pretty much as that 172g Destroyer,they go about the same distance and crash hard to the left. So im trying to figure out why I can throw this leopard pretty decent and not this Teebird? The weight is 23g difference,could that be it? Or maybe the teebird is rated a speed 7 and the leopard is a 6,could it be im just not throwing hard enough to get this thing moving like it should? IM just not sure because other then the weight and the speed rating that are very similar in shape.

Although the teebird is the champion plastic,Does the different materials effect the way it flies,like say if I order another leopard but in the champion material and the same weight as my standard,will they fly the same?

theyll be pretty close. That is if the weight is the same. Leopard to Tbird is a pretty drastic beginner move. Just bump up the weight on your Leapord or find a Cheetah.

Use dx or pro d plastic.  Stay away from the destroyer its way too strong for a beginner.  You can use drivers but dont overkill it.  Get a dx valkerie or roadrunner or a pro d avengerr ss in 160ish weights.  The best thing to do is study your flight charts. Discraft and Innova being the most reputable. I prefer innova flight chart better but learn your terms. Watch youtube vids.   An aviar is a great starter putter and the shark is a good midrange.  Try an innova kite or a discraft stratus or meteror. Practice everyday and play with people better than you.  You will get familiar with the terms and whats disc are suppose to do. when its time to upgrade you will know. The discs will tell you. 

ryan heath has the best advice out of anyone his advice will help you the most bro

Skeeter.

Higher weight discs will tend to be more overstable so that may be why it is easier for you to throw that Leopard. I wouldn't give up on the TeeBird just yet. As you get better you will be more likely to "turn a disc over" and that TeeBird will be a great disc. If you have the X-step down then you need to concentrate on pulling the disc straight through and keeping it level. If the nose gets up the disc will cut left hard. So take both of those discs with you and find someone who can watch you throw them and give you pointers. You also might want to try a Sidewinder in say a 150g. weight.

I believe the Innova Valkyrie is a great all around driver, very easy to throw and control. The destroyer your using is a bit of an advanced driver, which requires good form and "pull" to get any decent distance.

You need to understand that new discs are like new shoes, they need to be broke in before they are comfortable.  The weight differance, speed, and newness, or broken in of a disc, will all certainly affect the way a disc will fly for you. The different plastics will also affedt how a disc flies, however understand that all discs are made seperately, so the same plastic, weight, and design may fly a little different from each other.

When I started out I had a Champion Sidewinder by Innova that was fantastic.  I had a great "S line" developed on that disc and it flew forever.  Another disc that I recommend to any and everyone is the Innova Star Skeeter.  It's an amazing midrange disc that has amazing glide and I get a ton of distance off of it.  Good luck and welcome to the sport my friend!

I've always told newbies to get a Buzz or Roc and a speed 9 or 10 driver that is under-stable. When they start to flip it naturally,they know they are doing something correct.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968