www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Vibram has their first driver- the Ascent out in prototype only for product testing. Has the look, feel and flight of an Eagle (X)/Banshee/Firebird family of disc. Soft, rubbery plastic with tight grip.

Views: 86

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I got to hold one of these at the Vibram Open this morning. The material feels great. If only I couldve thrown it. It was real heavy too I think 186 grams.
Can't wait to get my hands on one. That and the Hurricane from DGA are my #1 and #2 wants from this year. I love my VP and all of my DGA discs, I hope the best for both of the new comers.
The words soft, driver, and trees don't always go together. I hope that it's still durable.
All the vibram stuff is super durable. Soft is right though, but they can take a hit. The rubber stuff may change a few things with disc golf but its all cool stuff. Steve Dodge let me toss the Firm Ascent and XLink Ascent at AM worlds. The firm seemed more like an Eagle/disc with a touch of high speed understability and then strong low speed stability. The Xlink reminded me a bit more of a beat Teebird but not a TL. I only got to throw them a couple of times each but I fell in love right away and from what I know some talk with the PDGA has already happened about the logo and if it would impede approval.

All in all I love Vibrams, not much that can ruin them.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968