www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

On Sept 18-19, 2010 I played 1114 holes of disc golf and set a new world record for the "Most holes of disc golf played in 24 hours". I played at Beth Schmidt Park in Elon NC from noon Saturday until noon Sunday.

Here are some news articles:
Disc golfer breaks world record in Elon
Disc golfer says his 24 hours of play is a record

Here are my stats:

12:00 noon Sat 9/18 to 12:00 noon on Sunday 9/19
1114 holes
123 rounds (9 holes), plus holes 1-7
2842 throws + 1 penalty = 2843
499 under par
541 Birdies
532 Pars
40 Bogies
1 Double bogey
0 Aces
Most birdied hole = 106 on hole 1
Most parred hole = 100 on hole 6
Most bogied hole = 9 on hole 2
Lowest round score = -8
Highest round score = +4
Penalty strokes = 1. OB in road on hole 6 after a badly shanked drive in round 114

It was quite a challenge but a lot of fun. I'd like to thank my caddies, especially Gary Downs. I couldn't have done it witihout them. I also want to thank my sponsors-- Innova Champion Discs and Black Jax Sports.

Views: 212

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yup, I wasn't going to do it at Winthrop Gold, that's for sure. All you have to do is to walk at a good pace for 50-60 miles over 24 hours.
The real record would be # feet played. What distance qualifies an official course? I'm sorry, but there needs to be some kind of a standard... a 69' hole? That's a putt. I'm not saying you didn't do something amazing, but I think for the record there needs to be some kind of course standard.
Too bad the pdga disc golf magazine just gave someone else the title
Brandon im kinda with you on that one, theres a course in coppell, TX, and I really think this course was designed as a joke to all disc golfers, because about 13 of the holes run zigzag in a open soccer field, so no difficulty at all, and 2 of the holes were under a 100'! I played it once and I will never go back there or recommend anyone to go there!
HAHA, Andrew Brown. I thought it funnier that some of the holes are listed as par 4. WIDE open and barely squeaking 300 feet.
I mean technically I could make up a course that's averaging 10 feet long per hole and stomp this record before nightfall. I have the baskets and the time..
And in turn you would have the most aces ever in a day.OOOHHH double record.
The WFDF is currently establishing standards for this record to avoid scenarios like this.
There's room for entry level courses like these in this sport.....just ask any disc golf retailer...I'm sure they'd agree.

Courses like these are important to the growth of the sport.
I totally agree with that. Especially since Andrew Brown park has a hole that is around 100 ft. staying only a few feet off a deep pond. And the terrain is slanted down towards the water. I am sure they are ok with this concept. But where I live there is 44 courses in less than 50 miles. Don't get me wrong I back any city that has a course. This particular one I am talking about is probably the least used course around. LOTS of park walking and soccer games. With so few people throwing there the rest of the park go-ers don't understand what you're doing.
Sounds like the worst place for a disc golf course ever. Designed for beginners...by water and over a bustling soccer field???
Ben isn't lying.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968