www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So a buddy of mine gave me a disc today that is a Z Surge but it has a little grip patch that says patent pending from the factory.  Anyone else heard of this? This thing snapped out of my hand really fast today.

Tags: Surge

Views: 41

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They came out with those a while ago (couple of years back). I'm not sure what the availability of them is these days.
ive seen them from a few golfers. threw it once, but didnt notice any immediate improvements.
Rare, that was like 4-5 years ago. Mark Ellis might have some left who knows. Won't be seeing them made again though.
i got one in a misprint package. its good if you need a backup disc but i didn't really like it.
Thanks!
Yeah, the grip was centered too far for me anyways but I kinda liked it, especially in the snow.
anyone know why they stopped making these? it seems like a pretty good idea in theory at least. is it pdga approved?

As I understand it, it was NOT approved. Latitude 64 gets away with a similar grip because it's part of the mold. This is a sticker and therefore against the rules.
To tekn the truth it sounds disruptive. I need a good smooth grip sure i should like to throw it though let me borrow it please
i have one, the grippy thing is way up on the disc, not good for us normal humans.
Its a great understable forehand, lots of flight.
I won one at a tourney last year and loved it. So this isn't an approved PDGA disc? I wonder if my scores shouldn't count then since I was using an illegal disc.

I actually really like mine, it is good for when it is wet as it stays real grippy. The disc I got is massively understable and happens to be one of my longest thrown discs. I usually use this for long turnovers or anny's or even hyzer flip for D.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968