www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So a buddy of mine gave me a disc today that is a Z Surge but it has a little grip patch that says patent pending from the factory.  Anyone else heard of this? This thing snapped out of my hand really fast today.

Tags: Surge

Views: 34

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They came out with those a while ago (couple of years back). I'm not sure what the availability of them is these days.
ive seen them from a few golfers. threw it once, but didnt notice any immediate improvements.
Rare, that was like 4-5 years ago. Mark Ellis might have some left who knows. Won't be seeing them made again though.
i got one in a misprint package. its good if you need a backup disc but i didn't really like it.
Thanks!
Yeah, the grip was centered too far for me anyways but I kinda liked it, especially in the snow.
anyone know why they stopped making these? it seems like a pretty good idea in theory at least. is it pdga approved?

As I understand it, it was NOT approved. Latitude 64 gets away with a similar grip because it's part of the mold. This is a sticker and therefore against the rules.
To tekn the truth it sounds disruptive. I need a good smooth grip sure i should like to throw it though let me borrow it please
i have one, the grippy thing is way up on the disc, not good for us normal humans.
Its a great understable forehand, lots of flight.
I won one at a tourney last year and loved it. So this isn't an approved PDGA disc? I wonder if my scores shouldn't count then since I was using an illegal disc.

I actually really like mine, it is good for when it is wet as it stays real grippy. The disc I got is massively understable and happens to be one of my longest thrown discs. I usually use this for long turnovers or anny's or even hyzer flip for D.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968