www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey everybody,
I am learning all I know about Disc Golf by playing and watching youtube videos. My biggest question is, at what point do you use a midrange vs a driver and at what distance would you go with a putter vs the mid?

Oh, and any other tips or pointers you may have would be greatly appriciated!

~~THANKS

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

lol
jim said:
Here is a great tip for ya... Quit now!!!!! Before you know it you will have a bunch of round pieces of plastic everywhere! You will start trying to hyzer paper plates into trash cans and putting with telephone books!!! Then you will be hanging out at your nearest outdoor sports store to find the best type of trail shoe to use (after starting a thread about "what is the best shoe?"). Then you will have to go through a bunch of different bags to figure out how to carry your hundreds of discs and then decide a hundred is too many to carry so you start a thread about how to make a cool looking push cart (and Donny will show you the way on that). Then finally you will become so into it that youu will cover every wall in your house with discs (in a very organized fashion). Then by that time all of your discs will be hanging on your organized walls and you will have to come back on here to ask what are the new discs and how far will you throw them.... Please, just quit now:)

LOL!! Ya here's the thing though... I already have more discs than a newbie should, a crazy expensive bag (sweet but expensive) and I have already bought a pair of shoes... Now, I purchased my very first disc in December and since then have managed to spend a small fortune on discs that I can't even fit in my bag, not to mention I don't even know how to throw half of them.
So, thanks for the warning, but I fell in love the first time I threw my CE Gummy Valkyrie...
play with people better than you. at all times if you can. you can learn helpful tips by watching vids, but it's not like playing a round with people who can see what you're doing and tell you how to correct it. don't be embarrassed to ask questions or when you play poorly. if you're still trying to get your form down, play all your rounds with a mid and a putter only for awhile. this will teach you to throw flat and accurately. don't just play rounds at a course. go to a field and throw. over and over and over again. practice every shot you have encountered on a course. learn your plastic, what it does, what you can make it do, (for disc selection on the course-very important), and to find out the answer to your biggest question about when to throw a mid or a driver. and just keep throwing. keep playing. have fun. it's the greatest game ever.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968