www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm just starting out and there are a lot of options out there in regards to discs. I'm wondering which are the best (or most popular) discs to purchase for beginners. Thanks in advance for any reply :-)

Views: 71

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Elite X Stratus....the magic disc....
XS, Buzzz, Challenger..  Only 3 you will need for the first couple seasons...  Light weight is key when starting out then branch out into heavy and different molds.  If you have a Pro-Shop just go and see what "Feels Right" in you hands.  ask the people working there what they would recomend..  Find a play it again sports and rummage through their used bin so you can save money.  

Welcome to the sport of disc golf.Which ever discs you choose,don't forget to ink your name,cell/home # with the hopes of a returned call when you lose your disc(s).It will happen eventually.Chosse if possible light colored discs for an easy find in the leaves,brush,etc.Discs mentioned here are good choices,try to purchase a starter 3 pack.

#1: Enjoy the game,friendship you'll encounter along the way.

#2: When frustrated,refer back to rule #1.

See ya on the fairway,hit chains.

Learn to throw a putter or stable to understable Mid.

Mako, Comet, Fuse

Aviar, Magic, Magnet

There are a bunch to choose from, find what feels good and fits in the realm of a mid and putter.  Spend time throwing in a field and read and post here.  Also, discgolfreview.com has great articles and another forum for extra nerdy info.

I agree.  Inking is important.  When I first started, I feel in love with my "Nuke", and of course I inked the important information upon it.  Then one day I lost it deep in the bush of the Debary Course.  I mourned and moved on with another "Nuke" in a better Plastic.

Long Story short.  I got a call from Bob at the Barnett Course stating that my disk was found and if I wanted to come pick it up.  I laughed, cause where it was found was about an hour drive from where I lost it and it was seven months after I lost it.  Ya ya I know.  Someone found it in Debary after I lost it, kept it, used it, and lost it in another course where someone else who has proper ediquete turned it in. 

My hopes for you is that you enjoy the game and that if you ever lose a disc, that the person who finds it will be kind enough to return it.

Go to you tube and watch from the hit backwards by Dan Beato , not only watch it but practice the drills and you will be on your way!
Most anything in the 165 gram area is OK. Check with the person whom your purchasing the disc from and ask about stability.  Start out slowly and work on proper technique. Distance will come later.

Get yourself a Teebird, Buzzz, and a putter. Learn to throw the Buzzz where you want it. Everything after that is gravy!

I started my son out a few months ago with a Teebird, OLS, XL, Buzzz, Comet, and some SS Wizards. He can now throw the Teebird and XL right at 320’ and the Buzz and Comet around 275’.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968