www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Very nice press from a major newspaper--we need more of this.

http://www.denverpost.com/outwest/ci_21356492/disc-golf-colorado-gr...

Views: 125

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

At least they didn't come to Cottonwood where they could have found a bunch of junior high kids hanging out on a tee smoking weed. It has been a tough summer keeping things under control there.

On a positive note, we are in the process of trying to get three or more new courses here in Colorado Springs. I'm not 100% certain that we are going in the right direction as we are trying to design courses on land that has not even been approved for use yet. So we run the risk of doing a lot of design work only to not get approval. But we are trying to stay optimistic.

I like the part of the article which says that the course was populated by a bunch of 20-something guys, mostly shirtless and barefoot.

Good Press !!!!  Nice and Positive !!!!!

Well Jim, they were in Boulder...the shirtless and barefoot represent the status quo...

I used to be one of those junior highers. But all we would do is smoke weed and find weed. Get these kids to play disc. It will keep em out of trouble. Dont be an old buzzard.

They have no interest in disc golf. It's just a place to go to smoke weed and get in the way. It hasn't happened too much lately after the cops showed up a few times. It just sucks when you have to ask kids to move just so you can tee off. I would suggest that they go to their car or the high school parking lot.

A lot of things are just ignored at the disc golf course but when we get people there who are just getting in the way on an already tight course it makes things much worse. We have had people who don't even want to come out and play because of all of the people just "hanging out". It's also hard to convince a family to come out and play when they have to run a "weed gauntlet". So in order for us to put a positive foot forward we have to call the cops sometimes. Otherwise we will get negative press, the exact opposite of this article.

And don't get me wrong, I have indulged before and will continue to do so a couple of times per week. But I know the meaning of discretion and try not to interfere with anyone who does not like or appreciate said substance. I am also one of the few people that picks up all of the pieces of broken bottles that seem to be spread everywhere. I do appreciate good press, but not quite as much as people who are willing to do the hard work to keep a course in decent shape. That includes the person who anonymously cleaned the hundreds of cigarette butts off of the tees a couple of weeks ago.

Anyway, maybe part of what I'm saying is that with the rise in popularity comes a responsibility to keep our courses clean and safe. While many places are willing to get courses in, it is often what happens later that is more important.

word, now I see ya. Sorry for the buzzard comment.

I've been called much worse than buzzard.

no offence but I somehow picture Jim sitting in a rocker on a tee pad yelling "GET OFF MAH COURSE!"

You've never partied with me. The only thing that I tell people is to clear out the area behind the tee because I like my space for teeing off.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968