www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

"Nice shot" said the other disc golfer in the group....... doink the disc hits a tree.

Now the person that threw the shot says "You niced me!"

And tries to blame you for the shot....

A fallacy, but too many disc golfers will use whatever excuse they can not to take credit for their imperfect shot......

Happens to you?

Views: 289

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I say it all to often, but only in jest. I think is a fun side of the sport. Just like hitting the "iron leaf" or "nice lay up" on a 15 foot putt that you come up short on (I hate those the most!). Moments of levity are nice, but if these are truely taken as a slight or excuse and try and blame you. Time to get a new foursome!

It's only very few.

some days more than others . but if you play with your disc's around trees your going to get Doinked !

I am usually the "Guy" that Nice's Everyone, so I just apologize before the round starts.

I do try to avoid saying "Nice shot". At least until the disc comes to rest.

I've thought it, and they still hit the tree.

we say nice when we want it to hit a tree

That "niced him" crap is stupid. I wish we could kill it. But now it is like the voodoo doll of discgolf. I think we are just rooting the other dudes on. Just say thanks when someone nices you. You hit the first tree, the guy says nice , and you look at him with those evil eyes and say THANX!!!!!

I think that it is a bit amusing. I look at it this way, you don't want to say "nice shot" until you are sure that it didn't hit something and it is actually a "nice shot".

"Don't TALK while my disc is in the AIR!!!" Greg Bagthrower.

Heard that before.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968