www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have been asked a few times who my favorite pro is.  I have no idea!  I would like to look up to a pro who is always friendly, and would help anyone who asks for it.  So I ask you, who would you say is the nicest/most helpful/selfless pro disc golfer today?  If you have any stories, please share.

Views: 23

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well the name that comes right to mind is none other than terry the pirate calhoun. Created this site for all of us to enjoy, he also is more than willing to help anyone looking for tips. Terry at one time offered me a car to use when mine broke down. Thanks terry for every thing!
mike canino.
gotta be mark ellis he posts all the time
I'd have to say Eric McCabe is extremely approachable and truly wants to help. he is remarkable, has great character and a humble nature.
thats not what i heard.
There are a lot of awesome people involved in this sport. That's just another reason why I love it so much. As my good friend and club head says, disc golf is a "great game for good people."

As for pros who are nice, I'd have to say that Geoff Bennett has been the most welcoming to me. I've also had good conversations with Big Jerm and George Smith. Lastly, I have to give a big shout out for Nikko Locastro, who is a much cooler guy than many people--most who've never met him--will give him credit for. (Plus, who wouldn't want advice from Nikko? He's freaking awesome, and may well repeat this year!)

And yes, Terry Calhoun and Mark Ellis are amazingly important for our community here at DGRUS.
In real life Terry Calhoun is generous and kind. But he's not a pro. But he is really nice.

In real life Mark is too funny to be "nice." He'll say things that are not nice at all if its really funny. And at a tournament when he's really focussed on the task at hand, to wit, beating Lightning John or some other good player, he's too professional to be "nice", sometimes.

Dave Dunnipace is really nice. He's a pro, although you'd tend to think of him more as an owner than a pro. I can remember at 2000 PDGA Worlds on a hot day he was taking the time to give distance lessons to Nikki Ross who was the second best amateur woman ever who never went pro. After winning Am Worlds three times, she dropped out of the sport. Anyway, when he was done with Nikki, he was obviously well past ready to head back to the hotel but a recreational amateur woman asked him some questions and he wound up spending another half hour with her. She did not even know who he was, and it was obvious when she asked him to sign her Cyclone, which he did. Plus, he's always nice on the Ask Dave thread and was always nice on the Dave's Distance Secrets thread on pdga.com.

Harold Duvall is another pro-owner who is really nice. Most of the nice stories I could tell about Mr. Duvall, I'm not supposed to tell. For no reason I can fathom he's done a lot of nice things for me and the Waterford Junior Girls Club, but he's always asked me not to talk about those things. He'll get his reward in heaven I suppose.

Locally, Kirk Haggadone is that pro who is always friendly and always willing to give free lessons to random chuckers he does not know. I've never seen him lose it at a tournament or cop an attitude when he draws the rec woman at league doubles.
Wow. There is almost one of every top player here. There is one which I thought was nice. Once I spoke to him I realized he just complains about every aspect of the game/tournament he doesn't like. (No names though).
T.J. Lawrence. Taught me how to get distance and was involved heavily with the disc golf scene here in Colorado. Haven't seen him in a while. I just looked him up on the PDGA website and it says that he now lives in Silt, Colorado. Looks like he came in 8th in the Colorado State Championships. Nice guy.
Fred Salaz! Cincinnati ohio... Creator of the Idlewild course in Burlington KY. Will drop whatever hes doing to help a local amatuer out. He runs leagues at a local course and has on more then one occasion given away food after the round, just to be nice. Great guy!!!
ME! but I'm not a pro....
The many dg'ers who no longer are with us to throw.Their talent lives on in all of us to carry forth the sport.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968