www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Any thoughts?

Views: 1894

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice!!  I see they have him added to their website on the Star Team.  Maybe we will have a Nikko stamped Dominator when it comes out soon. :)

I am eager to see what discs he will get his name on. Perhaps something new. Perhaps something in a different mold/plastic. Or perhaps just something with a new appearance (i.e. dye).

You have to get yourself a few world titles to get your name on a disc.  It will be a while.

Even then you don't get your name on a disc if you don't have a dangle.

If Nikko gets his name on a disc, It WILL BE THE DESTROYER.....

Anyone bet $1?????

The Yeti putter is named after a non-world champ.

There are already Avery Jenkins signature Destroyers.

I've been following Nikko's post-Gateway limbo as best as I can.  It will be interesting to see when and how he announces the move, and how he makes the transition.  While I know he was "test flying" discs in the off season, I'm not sure how much he has prepared to throw all Innova, so I hope his transition will be smooth enough.  They have plenty of great discs, but to me the question is: can Nikko adequately fill the spots in his bag vacated by the Wizard (his bread and butter for YEARS), Buzzz, and the super-stable Gateway drivers?

The start to this season just got a lot more exciting!

He's won multiple World Mixed Doubles and Putting titles. Thus, the name on a putter.

Nikko will get his name on a disc only if Innova feels it will increase sales more than what the disc would sell without the name. Titles are somewhat incidental to that determination and he already has a USDGC title.

This saddens me...having consciously bought the hometown Gateway products over my many years of playing the game, I think its unfortunate he's joining the 'big boys'...that said, it was only a matter of time--any body know the details of the fallout?

I too have enjoyed the hometown, family dynamic of the Nikko-Gateway combo over the years.  But, I also knew that it likely wouldn't last.  I don't have any 'inside' info, but I know that the sponsorship was dropped sometime last year, and Nikko has since been searching elsewhere. 

One could infer what complexities could have arisen...it must be tough for both uncle and nephew to accept and move past this.  My sense is it had as much to do with monetary support as anything else.  But again, this sense comes from what I've gathered through various discourses--mostly online--over the past year, not from any direct evidence or inside sources.  (Like Ryan, I too am interested to hear other known details.)

Here's to continued success for both Nikko and Gateway!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968