www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

how do yall keep one charged for 9 or 18? i have to charge with black light or camera flash at every tee..ive only been playn for bout 2 months....help...please respond or call/text 405-206-9458..thnx

Views: 90

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry to say but it will be an every tee thing. I use a multi bulb led UV flashlight.

The secret to playing good night golf is to not expose your eyes to ANY light at all. After a few minutes, a chemical called Visual Purple floods the rods and cones in your retina, causing contrast vision to increase, while diminishing color vision. Any stray light such as car headlights driving by or some dolt with a flash camera charging up glow discs without warning will cause the destruction of VP. It takes about 15 minutes to get your night vision back to optimal levels.

The best way to charge your glows without affecting your VP is a compact black light. Good ones are hard to find and rather expensive.

Also today's glow discs have nowhere near the quantity of phosphorus as the old skool Midnight Flyers.

Good luck, and keep your eyes closed unless it's your turn on the pad.

I charge mine when needed with a pocket blacklight. You may not have to do it every hole if you got a disc that glows good though

ya, thats the way it is and its not a bad deal to get to play disc golf at nite. xian 421 is rite on. it helps to have no more than 3 or 4 players in order to listen for flying plastic and simply not taking a bunch of time every tee pad. really 2 is the ideal for glo

Thanks for the 'listening' part. I forgot about that momentarily.

True story: One Tuesday at 2:30am I bounced out for bogey on #10 at Morley and since I was alone I screamed FUCK as loud as I could. I walk the 50 feet to #11 and there are two cops standing on the pad. They asked me what I was doing there and I said "Well, this is a disc golf course and I'm playing disc golf" "At 2 o'clock in the morning?" I tapped my watch and asked "It's 2 AM? I thought it was an eclipse or something."

I politely asked them to back off the pad and ripped my Roc into the darkness. One of 'em started to ask how I could see it and I stuck my index finger almost to his lips and told him abruptly to "Shut up!"

Two seconds later the Roc hit the pole just below the basket. "When they're right next to the pin, you don't need to look very hard."

I love messin with cops.

Slap an LED on the bottom of it and be done with it. Or you bring a bag and only flash the disc while it is inside the bag. Avoids blinding other players. Camera flash works pretty well.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968