www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Good morning golfers,

This question has been burning in my brain for months (years actually) and I thought I would ask the divine wisdom of the community to enlighten me.

Why are there golfers amongst us who dog discs from 'smaller' manufacturers like Gateway, Quest, and Lightning? Why do we have folks who look down on another player who doesn't carry top quality plastic? Why must we put so much emphasis on the 'next best thing' from Innova and Discraft? Why the lofty loyalties? I carry a mixed bag of Innova, Gateway, Quest, and Lat 64--but I would not hesitate to try other discs, regardless of manufacturer or plastic.

This is not an indictment of anyone in particular, just a general set of questions.

Although design of the disc is important--as well as the quality of the plastic--success in this sport is dependent upon the player, not the disc in their hand. As the old politically incorrect metaphor goes--its not the arrow, but the Indian. I'm sure we might have all come across a guy who carries one DX Roc and schools players carrying 25 discs in ESP and Star plastic.

Just wanted to see what others had to say on the topic. I would like to hear from those who will only buy discs from one outfit, those who will only throw the highest quality (and expensive) plastics--and conversely from those who throw discs from the smaller guys and thier experiences and interactions with golfers regarding thier choice of discs.

Views: 34

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Were allowed to throw a few innova discs which is cool. But really no need for them with being able to throw discraft

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968