www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I think that most disc golfers will get some fun out of this article from The New York Times. Gregg Hosfeld shoots pictures of funny signs and posts them on his blog during his disc golf travels. He's a really funny person. His blog is worth reading. Here's a long quote from the article I mentioned:
In the scale of embarrassing place names, Crapstone ranks pretty high. But Britain is full of them. Some are mostly amusing, like Ugley, Essex; East Breast, in western Scotland; North Piddle, in Worcestershire; and Spanker Lane, in Derbyshire. Others evoke images that may conflict with residents’ efforts to appear dignified when, for example, applying for jobs.
These include Crotch Crescent, Oxford; Titty Ho, Northamptonshire; Wetwang, East Yorkshire; Slutshole Lane, Norfolk; and Thong, Kent. And, in a country that delights in lavatory humor, particularly if the word “bottom” is involved, there is Pratts Bottom, in Kent, doubly cursed because “prat” is slang for buffoon.

As for Penistone, a thriving South Yorkshire town, just stop that sophomoric snickering.

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There is a club on discgolfers Rus called "Signs of the times" Post your funny signs here. We already have quite a collection of outragous signs from Disc Golf Travels.
Reply by Mike 3 hours ago
Here in Michigan we have a town named Hell. I always liked driving into town and being greeted by the sign that reads "Welcome to Hell"

Hell is actually a cool little town. Has some kickin parties out there in the summer. I think Kid Rock was out there last summer having a free concert at the Ice Cream Parlor. LoL. Just thought of it- Ice cream in hell, didn't think it could happin- haha
dats funny
Don't forget michgans famous exit 69 off I-75 "Big Beaver Road"
One of the best place-names I ever saw was for Dildo, on Dildo Arm, Nfld. They have a festival called Dildo Days.
Theres a town over her in Aus called Thunderbox, which is local slang for a toilet. Another one called Walkaway.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968