www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

One of my classes in school has been tearing Obamas inauguration "address" apart since the 21st. Once line in the third paragraph states that "Our economy is badly weakened, a consequence of greed and irresponsibility on the part of some". I believe that many americans related this to the republican party and the last 8 years that we have seen here in america. I find it funny that now Tom Daschle has withdrawn his name because of the attention that has been brought upon him because of his "innocent" mistake of not paying over $100,000 in taxes (the number is more near 136,000 but im not exactly sure). Daschle made this announcement less then 3 hours after Chief Performance nominee Nancy Killefer withdrew her name because of her "honest" mistake in not paying her employment taxes of $946.69. Of course this is a small amount compared to Daschle but it just goes to show that there is alot more wrong that just the republican party and the people in power for the last 8 years. If that is not interesting enough then you should read this article http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/02/02/navarrette.stimulus/index.ht... pay specific attention to about halfway down the article, you will know what I am talking about....... But like I said I am not trying to start an arguement, I just really had to get this off my mind and couldnt think of anywhere else to post it except right here for all to see.

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Two parties doesn't seem to work, we need somethin new!!!!! (Don't ask me how to fix it though)
Bring back the Bull Moose Party- they were 'green' before we split into 'red' and 'blue'
Politics remind me of the BCS in college football. Sure it seems like you have a chance when the season starts but when it comes time for the game. It's a 2 team playoff. Ron Paul in 2012!!!
Congratulations, you are learning to think for yourself. I find it comical how "peer pressure" is bad when talking about some things but perfectly fine when it comes to politics and political ideologies. Makes me go hmmm.

Keep Discin
Bill said:
Bring back the Bull Moose Party- they were 'green' before we split into 'red' and 'blue'

But don't Give Sarah Palin a gun if we do!

Seriously though I'm with you Logan. While it might help to have a multiple party system somehow, the real problem is the attitude that the system is something to be worked and beaten, instead of something to help us all get together and have better lives for all of us. If the system is what's wrong, there are ways to work to fix it. But when it comes to casting your vote, how do you know who you can trust? I trust Teddy Roosevelt, and he was a Rep. I'm sure he is a disc golfer too!
Good, we have conversations and discussions, only occasionally do we get to the argument level, but even then it stays friendly. I'm a Liberal on most everything, especially social and cultural issues, but I think that when you get to the point of making mistakes with dollars that reach $100,000, no matter what party, you're got to be a bit out of touch with most of the rest of us.
I contribute that comment to a lot of the greed within the banking industry for many subprime loans and american corporations that have outsourced labor to Mexico and overseas to save money and profit more. It's funny when all of the automotive need a bailout because the people don't have the money to buy cars. It's hard to stimulate the economy when you don't have a job.

It's great that your teacher has got you thinking about this though. My friend was in a current US History class at our university the day of the inauguration address at the same time it was on. He said his teacher mentioned that it was happening and then began teaching other topics. I would think in a class like that, or any education class for that matter, the teacher would have their class watch the inauguration and whitness the history of the event.
hey now,so was it really an" honest,innocent"mistake.I know I would not of had that option to pass on paying my taxes.Peace
hey now,true;^}

Mark Stephens said:
Sure you had an option. There just would have been repercussions to not do so! :D

mr ed said:
hey now,so was it really an" honest,innocent"mistake.I know I would not of had that option to pass on paying my taxes.Peace
I have friends that think I am a Liberal and I have friends that think I am a Conservative. I sometimes have to bite my tongue hearing some things people talk about when the discussion is one sided from either side. I hate the bashing, hate the hypocrisy, hate the spin.

I did love that after I voted, I was playing a round at the local course and one of the guys in our group asked me who I voted for and I said none of your business.

I have kept out of many discussions here and at other places on the web only because I didn't want to get flamed for what I wanted to say. I also hate that. Hate is a strong word, but sometimes it can get frustrating.

Respect and Tolerance.
I'm not a Democrat. I'm not a Republican. I'm an American. It doesn't matter which party you represent, there's crooks on either side of the ball. A $100,000 mistake is a pretty big mistake. I'd be upset if I got short changed at McDonald's, so where the hell does this guy get off?
Chainz-4-Brainz said:
I'm not a Democrat. I'm not a Republican. I'm an American. It doesn't matter which party you represent, there's crooks on either side of the ball. A $100,000 mistake is a pretty big mistake. I'd be upset if I got short changed at McDonald's, so where the hell does this guy get off?
No Doubt !!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968