www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So i started RHBH this last o say Oct. (Approx 8 months) and i seem to be maxing out at 330-350 (no wind or hills). No Idea where the next jump in D is going to come from. Any suggestions? I am throwing a couple wraiths (166, 170), a force (169), And 1 time beast (175) Not a whole lot of variation in distance between them.

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have found the impact works really well, havent used the comet, but if it is anything like the rest of the discraft mids, im sure it is sweet.
I'm arriving to this plateau too. My accuracy is not where I'd like it to be at full power, but even on wide open holes I seem to have a limit. I can't seem to crack 290'-310'. I have a rather odd run-up, and it limits the amount of momentum I can generate. Even with a perfect throw and enough snap to be heard from fifty feet away, I can't seem to break through.
For mids I carry a Meteor (understable), Z Buzz (neutraly stable to slightly overstable), and a Wasp (overstable). I also carry a leopard which doesn't fly much further than a mid for me. I'm in love with the Teebird for shorter drives too. Every almost ace I've got has come from a single teebird. I'm trying to dump my wasp and grab a drone since it just doesn't seem to be much more stable than the buzz.
try throwing a discraft ESP surge goes way farther thatn my beast and my force. also if u r not already try to put all your wieght on your front foot when you release.
dude move to a faster speed disc and use a anhyzer rem. to throw out and watch some d come to ya.
I've plateaued too. 290-300'. My Star Wraith is money for me in that range, and my Star Beast (generally use as a fairway driver) is good for 265-275'. I've been stuck at those distances for quite a while now though.

I throw man-hole covers (172g-175g). If I throw anything lighter than that, I flip it too easily (especially here in the chronic wind). Some people say to throw lighter weight plastic. Some people say to throw different plastic. Some people say to throw salt over my shoulder and say a few Hail Marys. :-P I think it's got to be something with my form though. Something mechanical is holding me back.

Funny related story: played in a tourney today. Was practicing my drives pre-morning round, when I let my 172g Beast rip off the tee. I heard a very distinct "VUHVVV" sound during my release. The Beast seemed to shoot faster than usual out of my hand and ended up 310-315 feet in the middle of the fairway! I thought what the heck?! Then I thought "Ohh...so THAT'S [maybe] what good players mean when they say they can hear their release off the tee." :-)

Never happened to me before, but it felt right/good! I'm just not sure HOW I did it that one time...sigh.
The disc is a small part of it. Hows your form,your cross-over step? Maybe increase your arm(and grip) strength,or your speed in release.

Hyzer Flip !!!!
I started less than 6 months ago and couldn't throw further than about 280'. Now I'm throwing short of 400' and I use an R-Pro Boss @ 162g...the hyzer flip is a great way to go - I believe that is how Feldberg and Avery shoot their distance shots. A lot of it is form and technique as well as disc selection, but mostly technique. Most of the long distance records you hear about are done with 150 class discs or slightly heavier. I hear of skinny kids that could dodge rain drops in a hurricane throw over 600', so it has to be technique. Watch the Kenny/Feldberg video and they talk about the technique - master that, then throw a lighter disc hyzer flip style and I'm sure you'll see an improvement. I always hear about people going to open fields to practice their shots, I've been doing that since the beginning and have noticed a huge improvement in my scorecard and distance.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968